Sign in to follow this  
Dreamer

Check out this SV230

WakeDoc    471

We get a similar wake out of our SV240 with an Enzo sac, center ballast tank and front ballast sac full with a couple of riders, looks like they also had a couple of pop bags tied to the hand rail on the back of the boat.

Below are some pics from our boat running a little over 11mph with the setup described above.

wake01.jpg wake02.jpg

wake03.jpg wake04.jpg

duffymahoney    10

They were getting good air at 11mph? I find it tough for me to get under 11.5 or 12. I really need to ride a enzo with a enzo sac!

Dreamer    96

That extra weight on the platform really makes the wake tall and steep close to the boat. My Supra was the same way, an extra bag of weight or a 200# guy sitting on the back corner seemd to make a big difference.

duffymahoney    10

I run a 155 pound sac on my swim platform and I have been trying to figure out how to get more. I might fill the bottom of the sac with 100-150 pounds of lead shot or something similiar. Wakeoutlaws enzo might be the best wave out there. I would love to surf it!

Duffy

LakeSurfer    10

I have been on the WO boat in Dallas. I really dont think he rides with the tallest wave (which he could easily do if he added more weight). Actually probably not a lot taller than my Avy. What I like most about the way they set their boat up is the wave is tall but just as important solid/fast without feeling like the boat is going to sink. The times I have been on it, we have ridden at the rub rail or below. No weight on the swim deck or water running up on back lockers. They also use BTT to clean the face of the wave up, especially when they are skim surfing.

I really worry that guys are so focused on make the wave as tall as possible that it is only matter of time before someone sinks their boat or lakes will outlaw wakesurfing because of other boaters complaining or shore erosion issues.

duffymahoney    10

Lakesurfer,

I am thinking the same thing, my boat with my avy sac full looks like it's sinking. I am hoping I can counter weight my boat by filling the other avy sac with 250-400 or so pounds to help keep my boat more level. Then I will either use people or surf tabs or ? to keep the wave clean. My avy wave can be crazy tall, but I doubt it has as much power and push of the enzo.

LakeSurfer    10
Lakesurfer,

I am thinking the same thing, my boat with my avy sac full looks like it's sinking. I am hoping I can counter weight my boat by filling the other avy sac with 250-400 or so pounds to help keep my boat more level. Then I will either use people or surf tabs or ? to keep the wave clean. My avy wave can be crazy tall, but I doubt it has as much power and push of the enzo.

My wave physically looks very close to the Enzo, it just does not have quite the power of the Enzo wave. Loc's wave is solid as a rock and very fast. I actually find it hard to stay off of his swim deck (granted this was my 1st summer surfing). The difference in power does not bother me that much because (1) I am a weekend warrior at best and (2) I only weigh 155lbs. But if I weighed north of 225lbs or wanted to progress to semi pro level I would move to the Enzo without a doubt. With that said, I still think the Avy wave is the best bang for the $.

Edited by LakeSurfer

duffymahoney    10

Heck yeah, I only have like 24k into my boat total. I would buy an Enzo if, (I know I have said this before) but the waves need to basically be equal. Which my avy has just about equal waves on each side and they are easy to build. I weight around 170 and would love to call myself semi pro:)

Edited by duffymahoney