Sign in to follow this  
WakeVB

Rope Freedom...Finally!

duramat    462

LOC~~ Center fin is back in and I just took out the outer's! I just need the stormy weather to pass now.

BIGSHOW~~ It's nice to know Im not the only one! So is my Broadcast to small for me? I know my wife says I could lose a few pounds but If my board is saying, "Yo Tubby!!! Find something bigger" Than Ive got some issues that need to be addressed. :rofl:

Joe B    17

I'm a lightweight on my smaller broadcast at 150lbs so that's why I've been scratching my head as to why I haven't had a long freeride on the board, slack in the rope yes and I felt comfortable enough to toss the rope and maybe that's where my balance threw me off and floated off the wave. After finally free-riding behind Ladderrat's boat with a smaller wave (until he's done with break-in period), I'll have to ride closer to the boat. I hope that's the case. I haven't progressed to removing fins yet.

My kids got me an IS Blue Lake for father's day so I'll have a review up after this weekend. Maybe even pics if we remember the camera. Should be a good board for the boat.

copterjon    0

Ah, the rope free zone.... aint it great! Here is a shot of our wave behind our 04 Cyclone C4. It was a very choppy at the lake that day so normally the wake is a little cleaner. I must say that this is a really hard boat to make work for goofy footin. We are constantly devising new methods. I've been told to add more weight to the front to make the wave longer.

Edited by copterjon

duramat    462

"Houston, we have a problem"

copterman the pic didnt turn out for me?

copterjon    0

Boooo is right! Not sure whats happening here. A friend was able to download and view it at his office. I just tried at my house withe no luck. Browser issue?? I will resize some pics and put 'em up soon. I thought the movie would be cool. Sorry for the Screw up.

duramat    462

No worry bro! Well still be here,,,,somewhere,,,, :D

islander033    2
Boooo is right! Not sure whats happening here. A friend was able to download and view it at his office. I just tried at my house withe no luck. Browser issue?? I will resize some pics and put 'em up soon. I thought the movie would be cool. Sorry for the Screw up.

That would be cool, and I'm sure the screw up wasn't your fault because it is usually mine.

copterjon    0

Here we go again. I uploaded it to youtube. I've been surfing since I was 13 and am now 42 so Some habits are hard to break, I have to paddle in. I can get up wakeboard style but it feels wierd to me.

islander033    2
Here we go again. I uploaded it to youtube. I've been surfing since I was 13 and am now 42 so Some habits are hard to break, I have to paddle in. I can get up wakeboard style but it feels wierd to me.

That was a cool video. Nice wave and a decent wipeout as well. No more booo for you.

duramat    462

Copterman~ I can only hope to be good as you, you made that look all too easy! :D What board are you using? you give another goofy guy hope (me).

VaBeachBum    0

Don't know if this helps (and it's a little late now), but you needed quick time to download his first link.

Great video!

copterjon    0

:)

Copterman~ I can only hope to be good as you, you made that look all too easy! :D What board are you using? you give another goofy guy hope (me).

Thanks for the compliment, you are too kind. The board I am riding in the video is a friends and he got it from Xtreme. For me personally I have a Shredd Stixx Ja Mako & Sixxtreme Flying fish. The Ja Mako is a pretty aggro board, great for skate style stuff. The Flying Fish is more of a flowing surf style board but can easily be tossed around. For teaching people and just cruising longboard style I always go back to the original Inland Surfer Green Room. If you can find one of these used, pick it up.

duramat    462

Loc! Finally got the board out and tried it with just the center fin and I think I liked it! I also moved my rear foot more forward and the same with the front foot, so I was more center of the board. Made all the difference. It felt weird but it was more noticeable in finding the pocket, more control and riding it. Mabe this board aint so bad after all. :nea:

tgaugh    2

Great news! That wave in those pics of D90 looks great too, I'd hit that regular all day, the rail's defined and looks hard.

Stoked you got that board workin for ya man!