LinneaP    0

2021 Fi23 ramfill issue. First time filling the ramfill this season, we have tried multiple times and one of them is not filling. We are still under warranty but would prefer not to have to trailer it all the way to the dealer If I can fix it myself. Any ideas? 

Edited by LinneaP

Best    0

Hello! First you need to get access to the intake flaps, and see if they rise or not. If one of the dampers does not rise, check whether the damper handle and the electric drive lever are engaged. Try to open the damper manually, having previously disconnected it from the electric drive. If everything is in order with the intake flaps, check if the drain flaps are closing. It will be difficult for you to understand what's what without pictures. I recommend looking online for videos of ramfill dampers in operation, then you will have a visual representation of what they look like and how they work. Please post your test results and I'll try to help.

LinneaP    0

The damper is not rising. It appears to be connected properly. We disconnected it and pulled the damper out manually a few times and reconnected it. This did not solve the problem. Could it be an electrical connection? 

Best    0

It is necessary to remove the electrical connector for the power supply of the damper and check whether plus and ground are supplied to it. The opening and closing of the damper is controlled by changing the polarity on the connector. If there is no power and polarity reversal, then you need to check the wiring, control unit and switch. If power is supplied and the polarity is reversed, but the damper still does not work, then you need to remove it, disassemble and check the limit switches inside the housing. If you do not have a voltage indicator at hand, then you can connect wires to this damper from the opposite damper that is working.