JPittm

Aftermarket Stern Thrusters

JPittm    0

Hi Crew!!!  I recently purchased my first Centurion and I’m stoked to get it on the water in the spring. My boat is a ‘21 Ri245 and was curious what everyone’s experience has been with using stern thrusters. As I understand it, they are about a $15k upgrade from the dealer but I’m sure I can do it myself for way less. I’ve never had a boat with them installed so this more of question of do stern thrusters help a lot with these long boats either docking or picking up riders or are they just a waste of time and money?

Troy. R    198
3 hours ago, JPittm said:

Hi Crew!!!  I recently purchased my first Centurion and I’m stoked to get it on the water in the spring. My boat is a ‘21 Ri245 and was curious what everyone’s experience has been with using stern thrusters. As I understand it, they are about a $15k upgrade from the dealer but I’m sure I can do it myself for way less. I’ve never had a boat with them installed so this more of question of do stern thrusters help a lot with these long boats either docking or picking up riders or are they just a waste of time and money?

Hey J,

congrats on the new boat! Those Ri245s are amazing. I looked into adding aftermarket thrusters briefly and came to the conclusion that, though the system seems cool, it wasn’t worth the money or effort for me. I’ve never driven a boat with thrusters, but don’t particularly have a problem maneuvering around dock/loading the boat on the trailer.

EZ Drive was the one I looked at:

https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign&utm_term=wakeboard boat thruster&adgroup&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6JqptuSK_QIVsSWtBh0wbwJUEAAYASAAEgKamfD_BwE

scottnorm    9

I had the ezthruster installed aftermarket, and it is a HUGE time saver.  Without question, the best investment that I've ever made and will never be without them again.  Now, I'm in Texas where it gets window, so when we have a new rider in the water, the boat can be quickly blown out of position.  The thruster allows me to super quickly get the boat back in position without dragging the rider.  Also, on picking up a rider, you just need to get boat in vicinity and then thrust away.  I just can't explain how much time these save.  When my wife is pulling me and lets the boat literally get perpendicular to me, i can direct her with a thruster and the boat quickly gets into shape.  Seriously, get it and you won't regret it.  I promise.

scottnorm    9

I'm currently in a MCX24.  Really like it, but dealer change has me considering a Centurion.  I owned one about 10 years ago.  Can you tell me what other brands you considered and why you settled on the Ri245?  Did you consider F series, or Tige?   Just curious.  Thanks!!

Edited by scottnorm