N901

2022 ZS232 vs Moombo Mojo

N901    4

Hi All,

Has anyone compared a ZS232 vs a mojo? pricing seems similar? Thanks! From what I can quickly see, The Supreme weights more and has more ballast.

69C10    2

Not sure what’s changed from my researching 1-2 years ago when I had decided on the ZS232. But for me, and this is just more of a general comparison to everything and why I was drawn in by FineLine, so sorry if I don’t answer your exact question. In order of importance was

1. Power plant: I wanted a PCM/GMC motor. Way too many problems with ford mills over the years in our work trucks, no way in hell that’s going in my boat. From what others have reported, the raptor motor/drivetrain is very loud.

2. Hull: Deep V and super deep hull, the ZS is a beast and nothing will touch it for rough water. (Besides of course centurions, but same same)

3. Style: Clearly this is only my opinion, but I love the looks of the ZS and just how everything’s laid out in it. All the other value class boats to me looked extremely cheap and very basic on the exterior, moomba was certainly the next in line for interior. Biggest complaint from me was the ZS helm, very basic and cheap feeling, fully functional but they need to step it up in that area. I’ll also add, centurion vinyl in the supreme A+!

4. Wave/Ballast: from reading, moomba and supra need 1000+ pounds of extra weight to even run with supreme/centurion. If you’re going to add that in a moomba, add some more to the supreme and it gets even better, but it’s not needed at all.

For me, there was enough I didn’t like about everything else I didn’t even water test them, but if I was going to another brand moomba would be it for value class. Sorry that doesn’t help directly with the mojo comparison, just where I was at when narrowing in on the ZS.

Troy. R    198

I would echo just about everything that @69C10 said. Wave, build quality, sufficient factory ballast, interior material/ design, storage, rough water ride, and freeboard were my main concerns and the ZS won in every category. I also despise the idea of always having an extra 1000 lbs of lead in the boat. It’s always there (cruising, trailering, etc.).

N901    4
16 hours ago, 69C10 said:

Not sure what’s changed from my researching 1-2 years ago when I had decided on the ZS232. But for me, and this is just more of a general comparison to everything and why I was drawn in by FineLine, so sorry if I don’t answer your exact question. In order of importance was

1. Power plant: I wanted a PCM/GMC motor. Way too many problems with ford mills over the years in our work trucks, no way in hell that’s going in my boat. From what others have reported, the raptor motor/drivetrain is very loud.

2. Hull: Deep V and super deep hull, the ZS is a beast and nothing will touch it for rough water. (Besides of course centurions, but same same)

3. Style: Clearly this is only my opinion, but I love the looks of the ZS and just how everything’s laid out in it. All the other value class boats to me looked extremely cheap and very basic on the exterior, moomba was certainly the next in line for interior. Biggest complaint from me was the ZS helm, very basic and cheap feeling, fully functional but they need to step it up in that area. I’ll also add, centurion vinyl in the supreme A+!

4. Wave/Ballast: from reading, moomba and supra need 1000+ pounds of extra weight to even run with supreme/centurion. If you’re going to add that in a moomba, add some more to the supreme and it gets even better, but it’s not needed at all.

For me, there was enough I didn’t like about everything else I didn’t even water test them, but if I was going to another brand moomba would be it for value class. Sorry that doesn’t help directly with the mojo comparison, just where I was at when narrowing in on the ZS.

Appreciate the info. the extra 1000lbs is what I've been reading as well. I haven't been in the moomba, only the ZS, but the 2023 looked nice from the pics.

69C10    2
12 minutes ago, N901 said:

Appreciate the info. the extra 1000lbs is what I've been reading as well. I haven't been in the moomba, only the ZS, but the 2023 looked nice from the pics.

Supreme was really far behind on builds this year, so I’d imagine you’ll be able to find a late delivery 2022 or early 2023 where the original purchaser bought a centurion or backed out of their order all together. That is if you’re looking now and for new.
Anyways, get out and try to demo both, let us know what you think of moomba if you do. Sounds like they have good fit and finish from what I’ve gathered.

N901    4
2 hours ago, 69C10 said:

Supreme was really far behind on builds this year, so I’d imagine you’ll be able to find a late delivery 2022 or early 2023 where the original purchaser bought a centurion or backed out of their order all together. That is if you’re looking now and for new.
Anyways, get out and try to demo both, let us know what you think of moomba if you do. Sounds like they have good fit and finish from what I’ve gathered.

Yes, that's the ZS232 that I'm looking out now. Late delivery 2022