Donnieb

Speed Control on 2010 Enzo 240 SV

Donnieb    0

We have a 2010 Centurion Enzo 240SV and love it!  But the speed control has never worked very well.  It never locks in on a speed, but hovers around a speed (going one mile under or over) as long as you constantly tweak the throttle.  We mainly surf...so we're going between 10-11 MPH. 

We keep our boat in the water on a lake during the summer, and I was wondering if people with older boats like mine have successfully upgraded their speed control systems (and what might be entailed -- do I need to take the boat out of the water?). 

My friend has an AXIS and the speed control locks in perfectly.  You give it gas and it just works.  I'm hoping to find something like that. 

Thanks.

Don 

Troy. R    198

Perfect Pass makes a Stargazer GPS upgrade you could install. I think it’s about $1,100.

Donnieb    0

Thanks Troy!  I called Perfect Pass today, and they said that ZeroGPS is the company that made the cruise control for the 2010 Centurion Enzo (with the PCM 409 engine).  So I'm trying to track that down.  

Thanks for getting back to me! 

Don

Troy. R    198
16 hours ago, Donnieb said:

Thanks Troy!  I called Perfect Pass today, and they said that ZeroGPS is the company that made the cruise control for the 2010 Centurion Enzo (with the PCM 409 engine).  So I'm trying to track that down.  

Thanks for getting back to me! 

Don

Oh, yeah. Sorry about that. I wasn't thinking straight. I knew that they had gone to PCM/ZeroOff in 2010. The earlier Merc engines used Perfect Pass. Glad you've at least been pointed in the right direction.

Donnieb    0
On 8/4/2021 at 5:58 AM, Troy. R said:

Oh, yeah. Sorry about that. I wasn't thinking straight. I knew that they had gone to PCM/ZeroOff in 2010. The earlier Merc engines used Perfect Pass. Glad you've at least been pointed in the right direction.

Hey Troy.  I have a Centurion display (see the first photo), and it looks like the ZeroOff needs to use a round 3 1/2" or 5" dedicated display - it can't feed into the Centurion display.  I emailed the tech at ZeroOff and he is pretty confident that the wires will hook up and I'll be able to use the existing display for water temp, gas, ballast, trim tab, engine temp, oil pressure, etc. - so it will show everything but the speed, and then I'd need to install a 3 1/2" round display for the GPS system. 

I'm thinking I would need to have some custom metal work done for the area to the right of the steering wheel, making a 3 1/2" hole to the right of the rocker switches.  

Have you (or anyone you know) hooked up a ZeroOff control? 

Thanks.

Don    

Enzo dash 3.jpg

Enzo Dash 2.jpg

Troy. R    198

Hey Don,

I haven't installed a ZeroOff system. I've only installed Perfect Pass.
I don't know a ton about how it works, but they run it through the factory display when originally installed. I'm sure there's a way to repair the existing system and have it work on your display. You might consider talking to a local Centurion dealer.

jtryon    24

i would check that the throttle cable from the servo isn't loose first.  my old supra would have an issue like yours maybe once a season and it was always that the adjustment nut for the servo cable backed off a little.

Kevin Baugh    78
On 8/13/2021 at 10:16 PM, Donnieb said:

Hey Troy.  I have a Centurion display (see the first photo), and it looks like the ZeroOff needs to use a round 3 1/2" or 5" dedicated display - it can't feed into the Centurion display.  I emailed the tech at ZeroOff and he is pretty confident that the wires will hook up and I'll be able to use the existing display for water temp, gas, ballast, trim tab, engine temp, oil pressure, etc. - so it will show everything but the speed, and then I'd need to install a 3 1/2" round display for the GPS system. 

I'm thinking I would need to have some custom metal work done for the area to the right of the steering wheel, making a 3 1/2" hole to the right of the rocker switches.  

Have you (or anyone you know) hooked up a ZeroOff control? 

Thanks.

Don    

Enzo dash 3.jpg

Enzo Dash 2.jpg

You don't need the display my nephew has the same boat dash and year. his Zero off works fine with one exception you can't just slam the throttle down it will not lock in if you do just take it up to the speed and it will lock in. When he first got it he did have to have the gps antenna replaced.