Mikey Wetzel

Trim/Surf tabs not working. Can't find a fuse/breaker.

I have a 2017 Supreme Surf S211.

Center Trim Tab and Quick Surf stopped working. I suspect it's just a tripped breaker. I see a panel under the dash, to the port side. I pushed in everything but still no tabs. Is there something I'm missing?

In the engine compartment, I disconnected the electrical connector (that looks like this: https://www.amazon.com/Bennett-Marine-BAW2020-Actuator-Extension/dp/B00ODQYDB4_ to the center trim tab and put 12V to it. That works. I'm pretty sure, therefore, that the problem is that 12V is not being sent from the dash area.

Anyone else have this problem? Know a solution? Boat is under warranty, but the dealer is a 6 hour round trip away!

InfinitySurf    302

Are you trying to move them while on the trailer? Some boats wont move the tabs unless you are above 7mph.

My boat has the main breakers in observers compartment and then some other misc breakers under the helm mounted under the dash (so you gotta lay on your back to see them). Also a smaller breaker panel behind the drivers kickplate..... and a couple in the engine compartment.

If actuator works when you put 12 volts to it directly it could be that wire vibrated loose or got corrosion at the helm connections. Its also possible that a relay tripped so be sure to check them, should be a black box mounted to engine with a variety of relays and smaller fuses in it you can check. I believe usually those actuator wires also have a small fuse in-line, likely closer to the battery... but that may not be the case if those wires are tied to a bus that will trip a breaker like you are thinking. Still be worth tracing them near the helm to check for that 

Edited by InfinitySurf

Seeyaball    0

I had an issue where the center plate was not working. On a 2023 Supreme, there were a couple of breakers over by the batteries on the port side, and flipping those fixed it for me.