sabrerider

Thinking about upgrading- Need Advice

sabrerider    0

All,  I'm thinking about switching from a 2012 Malibu LSV to a RI257.  I know the difference will be major between the two boats and manufacturers.  We're playing around with the idea of getting the Dealer 2020 demo (it's a Salute to Service which we love) but we couldn't get it until they get there next Demo (once the factory is building and shipping them).

There are some options I'm not crazy about on the Demo so we are wondering about discounts for custom order boats vs dealer demo, and what all the options are on the boat.  I like to be fully prepared when I head to the dealer so any assistance would be awesome.

Things I don't think I'd like/use on the demo boat:

• Heated driver's seat (I'm almost always the driver, my current boat has 565 hours on it and I'd be all but 15 of those have me behind the wheel)
  • Dropzone tower (in the 15 years of owning a boat with a tower, I've only dropped the tower 3 times, all on the same weekend trip)
  • Underwater lights (our current boat has them and we've only used them a handfull of times)
  • Heater (don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'd use the heater, just never liked the locations of the tubes from any factory so it's something I usually add afterwords myself)
  • HD Slide seat component / table (we've only used our table 2-3 times and that was years ago when my daughter was a baby)
  • Colors (yes I like the S2S and red white and blue, but I'm from the Pittsburgh area and the current boat, jeep, truck, and jetski are all black and yellow)

If we were to order the boat, we'd likely get the boat at the same time as the demo,  would changing these options make a huge difference in price to make the cost a wash?

Things I'd like to know if they're options:

• Spot Lights on the tower
  • PA system like on the Wetsounds  420
  • Wireless phone charging

Finally,

We now live on a lake with a boat lift.  I don't think I'll ever need to trailer the boat anywhere but to the dealership (and they have a loaner for that purpose). Does it make sense not to get the trailer?

What are the must have options on these boats (RAMFill, QuickSurf Pro, Silent Stinger Wake Plate Exhaust System, clamping racks are all must haves for me)

Thanks in advance for all who reply.

Troy    234

S2S boats are awesome but optioned out to the max usually. 

All your must haves are must haves for me also if I would buy new. I personally like the Maximus tower over the Dropzone also on looks but the dropzone with the life jacket holders are nice. 

The wireless charging, Lights and PA are something the dealer (or you) can install easily and I don't think they are factory options. could be wrong. 

I would like the table option, because we eat lunch on the boat and it would be nice. 

Welcome to the crew and I hope the dealer takes care of you and you are in a new Ri soon.  

sabrerider    0

Thanks for the reply.  We're not in a hurry so it will likely be late this summer before we've got something. (really dependent on when the factory opens up again and starts delivering new order boats)

Anyone have a line on new options/must haves in the 2021's?  If I'm ordering one, it might end up being that model year.