Sign in to follow this  
S238 surfer

Another s238 surf set-up question

S238 surfer    0

Got a great deal on a 2018 S-238 Supreme last October.  Had it out 1 day and had trouble getting a huge wave.  Was wondering if anyone had a good setup for this boat before I take it back out of storage in May.

Wurst1    0

Where are you located at? I picked up a 2017 S238 as well and am going to be learning to dial it in here soon as well.

S238 surfer    0

I’m in Dallas/Fort Worth area, but my lake place is on Lake Texoma near Cedar Mills Marina.  Only had it out once before I put it in a giant indoor storage hanger for the winter.  Did you get yours out at all yet?

Brandon161    26

Do you guys still need help?

Cdifranco    463

@h20king     Search his old threads.   That will tell you how to weight and set up the S238 for a nice surf wave.

Woolf    0

We have a 2017 and absolutely love it! In order for us to get a good consistent wave, it took weight! We added 1000 lbs sacs to the PNP setup as well as put in a tee and added 400 lbs sacs under the lockers on each side. As well as that, we've added 800 lbs of lead, 250 lbs shoved up against the transom as far out as possible on each side and 150 lbs at the back of each side locker. The other thing we did was move the surf tabs to the lowest hole position on the rams. 

Now that the boat is setup up properly, we surf it with everything full except the bow bag, 100% surf tab, and 0% center tab anywhere from 10.8 mph to 12.3 mph. The boat does not like bow weight or center tab. Both of which will soften the wave (sometimes good for kids and beginners) and kill the push. We surf mainly goofy, but this setup works well for regular as well. I will say it seems like we have to surf the regular side with about 50-75% of the starboard side PNP setup to make it work as well. I haven't played with the regular wave anywhere near as much because my whole family surfs goofy.

I'm in love with this boat and it will take a seriously good boat to pry this out of my fingers. My brother just got a ZS232 and so far I've been unimpressed. Not saying that it won't be great, as it likely will because the wave height it great, but because he was sold that it will surf better than my sac'd 238 right out of the box. This has not been the case as of yet. It seems way more picky on tab and speed setup. The wave is huge, but is really hard to get clean and is no where near as long (yet). I'm sure with time it will be great as well though. My experience is everything needs to be learned and tuned.