Sign in to follow this  
Todd

Ramfill Problems

Todd    0

Today, I was checking a used 2018 RI 237 and found that ALL the RamFill gates were VERY sticky to operate manually, and one of the 4 was broken.  The handle and the rod came right out of the plastic housing. The others were so sticky that there was no way the motor and the plastic gears and straight plastic gear rack would work without stripping.  HAS ANYONE else had problems with these valves? 

InfinitySurf    302
19 hours ago, Todd said:

Today, I was checking a used 2018 RI 237 and found that ALL the RamFill gates were VERY sticky to operate manually, and one of the 4 was broken.  The handle and the rod came right out of the plastic housing. The others were so sticky that there was no way the motor and the plastic gears and straight plastic gear rack would work without stripping.  HAS ANYONE else had problems with these valves? 

The Valterra valves seat against the gaskets pretty well, they do that to prevent leaking thru the valve. Manually opening mine, I notice it seems pretty tight to first break the seal since there are thick rubber gaskets on each side of the gate valve but the motors seem to have no issue doing it. Did you use the trailer mode to operate the gates or just tried to open/close manually?

You hear of occasional issues with the Valterra Valves needing to be replaced, pretty easy to replace them and not too expensive once you are out of warranty especially if you buy the ones with the wiring harness for the Centurion.