surfthis

Installing bennett trim tab

Spud    7
By what I have seen the boats made by Kal Kustoms were produced with trim tabs that have two actuators and boat produced by Centurion East has the Bennit Trim Tab with a single actuator. We had the single style on our last boat and never had an issue, you should be fine.

I was also curious about this. I have seen a couple of boats at dealers here in Ca with single and double actuators last year. One was a '08 Falcon V with a single, seeing the double made me wonder. I can't remember if the double was a Enzo or a Avy though, and it is also in the owners manual with both setups.

In addition:

I just looked at in the book, and the factory double actuator looks to a 9 or 12x 14 or 15 and the single looks to be the typical 9 or 12x12.

Edited by Spud

Oldwakedude    0
About to install an electric trim tab on an 03 centurion elite vdrive.. I am concerned that it is a direct bolt on but on came with one actuator? Is this going to be a concern, should it have two units like I see on a few pictures?

My Enzo has a 9x12 tab with one actuator, no problems.

The number of actuators you need depends on the size of the tab and the maximum speed you will deploy it at. I have not seen a tab vendor sell a kit with a 9x12 tab (9" out from the transom) with more than one actuator. Where you will see two actuator is on larger tabs or Racing Tabs. Racing tabs are sized differently (they stick out from the transom further than their width) and are used at much higher speeds than ours.

duffymahoney    10

Overkill for sure. Only reason I did it was because of the stupid stock ballast intake.

Oldwakedude    0
Overkill for sure. Only reason I did it was because of the stupid stock ballast intake.

Yeah, but it does look more studly :wallbash: