surfthis

Installing bennett trim tab

surfthis    0

Anyone have any pics of a factory install bennett trim tab on a elite v ...trying to figure out how this mounts to the transom.......need some pic please ...anyone....thanks....any picture angles would be great

Duffy and I just installed the Lenco trim tabs. As for me it was an easy install, just needed help on the relays. I mounted min in the same spot as the manual tab. I drilled 4 holes in my new plate and used pan head screws and it works great. Sorry no pics.

surfthis    0

Thanks for the info...I was told I had to fill the holes where the manual wake plate comes off the bottom of the boat and the 2 manual adjusting ram holes on the transum.....and then fill the cut out on the bottom of the boat where the manual wake plate was removed to make the bottom of the hull flush right to the back....then the bennett trim tabs screws to the back of the boat.....will it make a difference if I have the the bottom made flush or just fill the holes and leave it with the plate mounting cut out there.....

LakeSurfer    10
Duffy and I just installed the Lenco trim tabs. As for me it was an easy install, just needed help on the relays. I mounted min in the same spot as the manual tab. I drilled 4 holes in my new plate and used pan head screws and it works great. Sorry no pics.

Colombian/Duffy - does the trim tab help clean up the port side surf wake on the Avy? Do you use it that often to keep the nose down if crossing the lake in chop? I ride on a 30K acre lake that can get choppy, but I find that the Avy does a great job and does not bounce around that often in the chop. I was think about adding a trim tab, but wanted to know if there was any benefit to cleaning the wake up for surfing.

Thanks

Surfthis - sorry for hijacking the thread.

Edited by LakeSurfer

surfthis    0

No worries Lakesurfer.....I am just looking for a couple of pics of the bottomside of the trim tab & hull so i know what to do with the one I am going to install...

surfthis    0

No pictures out there of the Bennett trim tab anywhere?lol

sorry, no pics (I have the Lenco), but it's my understanding that Bennett has a bottom mount tab that you can use instead of the transom mount that you described. A friend of mine was told that and he tried to order it, but they sent the transom mount anyway, so that may not be true after all. I'd call Bennett and see if they can exchange your tab for a bottom mount. You may also try calling Fineline and ask them how they do it.

surfthis    0

The boat is now in the shop getting the underside of the hull fiberglassed and gel coated where the manual wake plate comes off and there is that 12"x2" by about 1\4" deep slot that the manual plate was fitted and bolted too to make the hull completely flush right to the back edge of the transom ....I am just going to mount the bennett trim tab to the back of the transom.....thanks for all the info

duffymahoney    10

Sorry guys somehow I missed this thread. The wakeplates fits exactly in the stock fixed plate location. My plate was a super simple install. You don't need to do any body or gell work, just bolt it on and install the rams! I drilled my plate hinge to match the stock holes and just removed the 5 stock bolts and re-installed them. Here are some pictures.

Edited by duffymahoney

surfthis    0

i had the bennett trim tab from centurion sent to me from centurion and they only have the single ram and was told the plate mounted on the transom so that is the route i have gone....boat is getting the old manual wake plate holes and groove filled as i type this....will be installing the bennett trim tab net week.......Where is the factory location for the hydraulic reservoir ?

duffymahoney    10

The stock bennett installs in the same location as the fixed plate. Centurion wouldn't make two hulls, and or hull changes just for a plate. I believe the stock plate and the bennett from centurion will have the same factory holes. Your install should be even easier than mine.

WakeDoc    471

Our Hydraulic unit came installed in the starboard side storage locker, I moved it to the starboard side of the engine compartment without any issues.

surfthis    0

According to Shell at centurion she said i was to fill in the manual wake plate holes and mount the bennett trim tab to the transom.....i am just having the manual wake plate location filled to run smooth right to the back of the boat...probley will not make any difference on how the water crosses the the hull to the wake plate other than a smooth running surface ..... other than if i left the groove where the manual wake plate was mounted....just figured if i was getting the holes filled i would fill the original spot where the plate was mounted to have a nice running surface for water to pass by on.....that was long winded......lol

Sorry, I have been away also... Just like Duffy, I installed it in the same place as the manual tab. I went to my local dealer and the Bennett is in the same place as the manual, w/o filling in the grove. I drilled 4 holes in the Lenco plate, filled the holes with 3M 5200 and screwed the plate on in the original holes. I left the turn buckle holders/things in the transome just in case I switch back.

As for the wake it cleans it up a lot, especially if you are running a lot of weight. I have also found out that with full tanks and the tab all the way up, you have a steep wave, I have been playing with it a little and trim it down just a little and it makes the wake not as steep but longer. Works very well going across a huge lake and there is chop. Trim it down and cruise on brother. I have not tried it out on the driver side as of yet. Might try it out this weekend and will take some pics and post them so that all can see.

rutzinski    0

About to install an electric trim tab on an 03 centurion elite vdrive.. I am concerned that it is a direct bolt on but on came with one actuator? Is this going to be a concern, should it have two units like I see on a few pictures?

WakeDoc    471
About to install an electric trim tab on an 03 centurion elite vdrive.. I am concerned that it is a direct bolt on but on came with one actuator? Is this going to be a concern, should it have two units like I see on a few pictures?

By what I have seen the boats made by Kal Kustoms were produced with trim tabs that have two actuators and boat produced by Centurion East has the Bennit Trim Tab with a single actuator. We had the single style on our last boat and never had an issue, you should be fine.

duffymahoney    10

I currently have a 12x12 plate. My plan is to have the angle extreme enough when up that it doesn't touch the wave. We honestly don't use it unless I have a huge crew and all my sacs are full. I love to have it for other stuff though. I love that I can make my wave much smaller at a touch of the button.