Choleysenzo

Weighted, propped, but cant reach requested speed

Tulsarust    0

Here are the surf settings that user Lak3surf3r wrote about i another thread: I don't think I could make it past 9mph with this much ballast!  I think he was running a 2079 (14.5 x 12 w .105c) but I couldn't tell for sure with the jumbled thread.

=======

quicksurf

surf side ram full both rear pnps full, bow at 50% counter ram at 80% (just make a rider profile for reg and for goofy with these settings so you can switch ramfill weight in less than 15 seconds before transferring sides) and then the quicksurf settings at 75% deployed, cats at -30 goofy and 10 regular, trim tab at 60 on port and 40 on starboard going 11.5 mph.

========

InfinitySurf    302
4 hours ago, Tulsarust said:

Thanks for your help with this.  We run at 800' up to only 1200' here in Oklahoma; I'm mainly on one lake at 758' elevation.

2015 FS44 with PCM450, Quicksurf, Ramfill, CATS

We have put 50 hours on the boat learning operation and surfing.  The boat came with a 1433 (14 x 14.25 w .105c) when we got it with 150 hours.  The boat won't get up to speed for wakeboarding with the rear PNPs full and 30% ram; it will just plow at 11mph no matter what we do with the center tab.  Then surfing, we couldn't get over 10.5 with surfside ram 100%, offside 40%, bow at 50%, center tab at 70 and QS at 25%.

Switched to the 1615 prop (14.5 x 13.75 w .105c) and we have better surf speed where we can get to 11.3mph/3250 rpms now if we drop offside ram to 30% but I still can't can't get wakeboard speed up as it tops out 11.3mph and 3525rpms.  Even towing a tube with guests (3 times a year maybe) the boat really drops speed in a turn and its hard to fling a tube. 

I've had 4 boats over 30 years and not a newbie to boats, but I am new to  a v-drive.  I've read too much where some people act like their FS44 will push 5000lbs ballast no problem and others kinda struggle.  I just learned about crossover last week so I set it to 10 but didn't know I could use the QS tabs too.  I need to find out how to make that happen.  I'll buy any prop I need to perform the best for surfing and an occaisional tuber.

With the 1615 prop on there and only 800ft elevation, I am surprised you have issues. Makes me wonder if you have something else going on keeping the engine from giving you full power....like fuel filters dirty, etc. On my 2014 SV244, I have 4900lbs of ballast plus 3-4 people and have no issue fully weighted, I am on Lake Norman, NC which is also at 800ft elevation. I will saw that I run my 500lb bow bag full plus have 300lbs of lead bags under the bow filler cushion, so 800lbs of my ballast is in the bow. I know the FS44 is a little heavier than my boat but something does not seem right for you to be struggling like that.

On the main home touchscreen there is a small tab that you enable, (its over the CATS setting on my screen), when you "enable" it turns yellow in color and this will deploy both quicksurf tabs as well as your center tab until you hit your crossover speed and then all 3 tabs will go to where you have them set. Hopefully that will help too

Tulsarust    0

I’m kinda stumped too. I did an oil change after I bought it and changed the fuel filter by the oil filter but didn’t take the time to change the tall vertical fuel  filter near the transom on the starboard side. I have the parts, just didn’t do it. I’ll do that this weekend. 

I will check those settings and make sure the box/button is checked for. All three tabs. 

Anything else you can think of that would limit the output I’d be all ears. I also think it’s odd that my surf RPMs dropped from 3600ish with a 14x14.25 prop to 3200ish with the 14.5x13.75 prop. I’d figure less pitch would allow/require more RPMs since you get less push per turn with a 0.5” increase in diameter being negligible. 

Tulsarust    0

Listed Wave looks good for us though. This is my son’s friend’s second ride ever. 

375F6D56-195B-4C31-B869-C866E73FAC5B.jpeg

Tulsarust    0

Infinity, I am back at the lake. Here is my home screen. I’ve got a AUTO button above the Tab setting but Indint see anything about it controlling the Quicksurf tabs. Pic of my software version attached too. 

83024908-DF5F-4741-A6EF-90357003A0F9.jpeg

9CFAECB0-36AF-4364-95B8-837564F30CC5.jpeg

InfinitySurf    302

If there isn't an "autolaunch" tab at your quicksurf screen, then the auto tab you are pointing at should control all 3.

I dont have the factory Quick Surf on my boat tho, I added aftermarket surf tabs that are controlled with manual buttons not tied to the screen since QuickSurf didnt come out till 2015 and mine is a 14.

I would try 2 things this weekend. Add people to bow to see if that helps....and also try changing over to rpm mode rather than mph. Above the speed (at top left) you can see the rpm tab, if you press that they it will set it up for the rpm rather than mph. May not make a difference but worth a shot IMO.