Sign in to follow this  
Hyperryd

Tower Tube Sizes

Hyperryd    6

Hey what diameter tubes are used on the Centurion/Supreme towers that have tubes going across?  Are they all the same size or are there different sizes?  I'm working on a project that I am hoping will work for both the Centurion and  Supreme towers, but I don't have access to a dealer around me.  I am mainly looking to the cross tubes overhead. Solid towers or ones with covers aren't going to work yet.  If anybody can take a caliper to theirs and post their model of boat and the result I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Hyperryd    6

So nobody has a tower? Lol. Any help would be appreciated. Just size, year and model. Thanks!

h20king    794

Our 2018 fi23 has 2 3/8 " tubes on the maximums tower   older towers like the proflite tower are 1 7/8" . What are you coming with overhead racks?

Troy    234

My Tribal tower is 2.3something" so I will say 2 3/8's also

Hyperryd    6
1 hour ago, h20king said:

Our 2018 fi23 has 2 3/8 " tubes on the maximums tower   older towers like the proflite tower are 1 7/8" . What are you coming with overhead racks?

Yep. Should have finished product in about 3 weeks. For now they will only fit towers with cross tubes. Once I get those going I need to get my hands on some of the newer tower designs for custom brackets. 

Baby steps...

h20king    794

I read your post and looked at the pics on the MB fourm. How are your racks different than the piper racks? And what are the advantages of one vs the other. Your prototype  looks great 

Troy    234

Sorry I didn't post the boat and such. 2008 Avalanche with the Tribal tower. 

Hyperryd    6

After looking at the Piper racks I can only tell you about mine. They spread the pressure against the board over the whole surface of the rack not just two areas. They are also very thin and increase headroom by a few inches which is valuable space in a boat. The boards are held with wide straps that cinch tight so the board rides rock solid across rough water. Mine also come complete and ready to mount with all necessary hardware. Then they also look great when empty, in my personal non-bias opinion of course!  

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

Can you post up some pics of what your racks look like? I have 2 of Pipers racks and have them mounted under my tower. Keeps boards out of sun since bimini goes over the tower, some of the best money I spent for holding custom boards. I used speaker mounts on tower to hold the racks.

I have Aegis Tower on 14' SV244, I think the tubes are 2 1/8" but do not have a caliper. so they may be a little smaller or larger. I know they are at least 2" diameter

Hyperryd    6

I'm not trying to post a sales pitch here.  I'm just trying to get a handle on what size clamps I will need for different brands of boats.  I won't have anything available for about three weeks.  If I have some still available I will post a paid classified ad here.  In the meantime if you want to see some pics of a test mule, you can follow the link below.  It is just a post with a couple of teaser pics for now.

http://www.mbboatowners.com/index.php/topic/5955-overhead-racks-teaser-pics/