New to the Group, new to Centurion!  Looking for part# and any info on replacing the raw water impeller.  I believe this one is behind the actual engine water pump on this unit?  Any help is much appreciated!

rhino89523    34

Mine is a 47-862232A 2 that I think got replaced with 47-8M0104229 for mercury numbers or I have run the Sierra 18-3016-1 but all of these numbers are sea water pump specific, I know for my year boat there were 2 possibilities and the difference was weather the housing was metal or plastic.

As far as doing the job goes it's pretty easy, pull your belt off first, then decide if you are going to deal with it in place or remove the whole housing. For me it was easier to pull the whole thing off of there and put it all together keeping everything clean etc on the workbench instead of laying in my ski locker. You almost can't screw it up other than pushing the pump vanes in with the wrong direction. Take a picture when you get the cover plate off or remember which way the pump vanes oriented themselves. Put a little groovy lube or whatever you are using as lube on the impeller and just twist it into the housing the direction you want the vanes to flow, put the cover back on with the Oring and remount the housing and you are done. It's pretty tight back in there but not all that bad. I don't have the other part number.

I am in pretty good with a local boat shop, so I just took mine apart and then went in with the impeller in my hand. They probably have them on the wall at west marine or wherever you go for boat stuff.

Jake707    171

When I got my Elite a few years back I ordered what the parts book said I should have but ended up receiving one that didn't match. Like rhino said there's actually multiple options for the same boat. Since this is your first go around as crappy as it is I would remove the old one and take it down to your local boat supply, most of them have a counter top diagram with all the different shapes and sizes with the item numbers to order. Once you have that from then on you can order online or through the shop without waiting to remove the old so you can do it at the same time.