Sign in to follow this  
DFR

Fresh air exhaust Or Factory exhaust tip from Centurion for 2013 SV233

DFR    1

Need your advice.  Fresh air exhaust Or Factory exhaust tip from Centurion for 2013 SV233.  Or any other option? 

InfinitySurf    302
1 hour ago, DFR said:

Need your advice.  Fresh air exhaust Or Factory exhaust tip from Centurion for 2013 SV233.  Or any other option? 

I have the FAE on my 14 SV244 boat, love it. Big difference in sound (you can easily talk in cabin and surfer/boarder can clearly hear the music since exhaust is not pointed at them) and I see/smell zero exhaust now. Important to me since I surf 90% of time and my kids are on boat frequently

My friend just bought SV233 (Same year) and he has the factory tips (guess they are called "silencers?). Soon as you are going, they are out of water and they did not seem to make any difference in sound to me (maybe a little in cabin but zero behind the boat)....also does not direct the exhaust into water, so it will still come out in front of surfer. At rest or idle they are mostly in water.

Really depends on your end goal tho, IMO its one of the best mods I have done. The ONLY thing that is annoying is that there is some spray with the FAE tho it has to be a windy day to bother surfer and all other sports you are so far back it does not matter, so if you get one be sure that it has the "spray relief plate" built-in. I got mine last Feb so that was not an option then, I believe the deep V hulls on the Centurions make this a bigger issue on our boats than others.

Larry is sending me a spray relief plate to ADD to mine, not seen pics so not sure how it will work. They have emailed me back a couple times over last 2 months and told me it would ship to me as soon as available, I hope to get it soon and will provide feedback then tho honestly even if that were not available, I would do it again due to the other benefits.

**NOTES** 3m, 5200 silicone/adhesive is REQUIRED for install on the single exhaust outlets to be sure it stays solid....installing it that way I have had ZERO issues with it coming loose, I mention that cause I know others had issues with that and it was a modification that Larry put out there around middle of last summer instead of using the cork gasket (the 4000 & 4200 are not "permanent" enough bond, 5200 is stronger than liquid nails and made for marine use). Larry also has special curved washers so you can thru-bolt the FAE...I plan to do that and have the hardware, but have not done it yet, originally cause I wanted to be sure I had no issues first and I have had the boat up to 38mph and regularly cruise at 25-30mph and have 50+hrs on the FAE install. No issues with the 5200 and screws tho I did NOT use the stainless screws they sent, we replaced them with grade 8 screws since its a harder metal and had heard that some people had issue with the heads of the stainless screws separating from shank and failing (screw held but head popped off causing FAE to come loose). Not worried about rust since I trailer and do not keep boat in water. Hope this info helps if you decide on FAE.

• Like 1

Cdifranco    463

What infinity said, what’s you’re goal? I have the “silencer tip” and it’s nowhere near as quiet at the FAE but it’s honestly acceptable in my opinion. The boats not nearly as loud as it is with nothing on. I’ve never had any issues with CO or anything but that is a valid issue. 

Bongo Fury    640

I had an FAE on my Falcon V and loved it....Silencer on my 233.....I guess it helps with noise but way louder than with FAE....does nothing for emissions.   My vote is get an FAE.