guitarcrazy

Thinking of new boat - Supreme S238 vs MB B52

Cwazy1    89
39 minutes ago, Shaka said:

They aren't that bad. They definitely have a Supra vibe which is understandable. I'm not vain like you ingrates. ;)

haha true, I just don't like the interior finishes. 

I am going to demo one on sat with a friend who is looking to upgrade his '12 supra

xj1514    13
On 10/25/2017 at 2:23 PM, Birddog said:

you might be the only person I have ever heard say that. The B52 Surf wake by all accounts, is superior especially with the 2018, it surfs amazing right from the factory with literally zero messing around. The fit and finish isn't even close. MB is head and shoulders in terms of interior looks and quality. One visit to the MB boat owners site and you can find tons of pics and videos of amazing MB wakes. On here I haven't seen more than 1 or two that make me think the S238 can hold candle to either the Tomcat or the B52.

The things I have observed that I like better on the Supreme are, the interior is deeper, noticeably which is odd because it looks to have significantly less free board than either the tomcat or the B52. The S238 also seems to have more room than the B52. The S238 looks better sitting in the water.

I'm not a fan of either dashboard, but I hate the MB less. The S238 looks like someone stuffed some gauges in a nylon backpack and shoved it up against the windshield.

My local dealer assures me its a surf monster and I like it enough to demo it before I make a move on my next boat but the marginal interior, the lack of free board and the absence of verifiable big surf waves definitely has me leaning MB... for now.

Any progress? I'd kill yo trade my pos Supreme for a 17 or 18' MB, of course that would require my dealer to actually fix my boat and be true to their word. 

OP, careful in the dealer you choose. 

MFaso    56
2 hours ago, xj1514 said:

Any progress? I'd kill yo trade my pos Supreme for a 17 or 18' MB, of course that would require my dealer to actually fix my boat and be true to their word. 

OP, careful in the dealer you choose. 

XJ - Call supreme directly. When I was buying my boat I called them and I was able to get the regional sales rep to call me.(Not that my dealer wasn't awesome but I didn't know them well and I wanted to ask direct questions) He will take care of you. The dealer should be taking care of it and supreme PAYS them an hourly rate to do so.(and sends them the parts needed, if any)

• Like 1
  • Like 1

xj1514    13
3 hours ago, MFaso said:

XJ - Call supreme directly. When I was buying my boat I called them and I was able to get the regional sales rep to call me.(Not that my dealer wasn't awesome but I didn't know them well and I wanted to ask direct questions) He will take care of you. The dealer should be taking care of it and supreme PAYS them an hourly rate to do so.(and sends them the parts needed, if any)

Thanks. I may try that. I'm trying to be patient, but I'm wearing thin. 

DjOM21    59

Yeah if your dealer is not stepping up to get all your issues sorted now in the offseason then its time for a call to Fineline to let them know. I don't know what your issues are but I am sure all can be resolved, except maybe the wakeboard wake thing. Ha!

I think Supreme is a quality boat. Even though I have had issues with my bimini, stereo, trailer, transducer and some minor stress cracks around  one tower arm - my dealer will get it taken care of in the offseason. During the  season its tough as most dealer are jammed up with big ticket  items, so knocking off these minor issues can take time. 

Is MB going to be better, who knows. Personally I think the Supreme 238 gets most things right - simple spacious classic boat that gets you all the modern convinces  for a decent price. I personally also prefer the pcm power plant to the indmar offerings. Once they add Opti-V and MORE Ballast this boat will be hard to beat. Nevertheless I am buying an Ri!

Good Luck and hold your dealers feet to the fire and get them to make it right. 

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

If you do need to contact Fineline, Nicole handles warranty and is great to deal with!

nturpin@centurion-supreme.com