MFaso

About to buy a 2017 S238...I have some questions

h20king    794

Center hard tank just fill tell water comes out the side. We have the bow sack as well but don't use it.

MFaso    56

Center hard tank just fill tell water comes out the side. We have the bow sack as well but don't use it.

I have 3 hard tanks.

I thought the bow kept the bow down. I'm used to I/O boats where all that weight in the back and trim too high would make the bow point straight up..haha What's the bow bag for? I'm assuming you've tested a bit. the extra bow weight doesn't help the wave since it's not in the back? Sorry for all the questions.

h20king    794

You have a center hard tank and two rear quick fill tanks just like the rest of us open the quick fill when you start filling sacks then close once they are filled. We don't use the bow sack because it takes away from the wake. Center tank is all you need for bow weight.

MFaso    56

ok, gotcha. I thought the quickfill tanks were considered hard tanks too. I know there are 6 total tanks and 3 are bags/sacks. Gotcha with the bow. I just read that. That actually gives me some MORE space for my kids crap. My wife will be happy! haha

• Like 1

h20king    794

Quick fill are hard tanks integrated into the hull just without any pumps

MFaso    56

ahhh...those holes in the back. I thought there were pumps that sucked the water in from there too. The boat isn't at my house. It's staying at the marina until next winter so I've only seen it and went on it once. I might go visit it again this weekend but we'll see...:)

I have 3 hard tanks.

I thought the bow kept the bow down. I'm used to I/O boats where all that weight in the back and trim too high would make the bow point straight up..haha What's the bow bag for? I'm assuming you've tested a bit. the extra bow weight doesn't help the wave since it's not in the back? Sorry for all the questions.

I always run the bow and center full. Don't make much difference or any in the wave for me, but the weight up front makes it far easier to see out the front (don't have to sit on the bolster seat), and it also allows the engine to run at the lower RPM and you can just tell it's stressed less. Just makes the boat much more pleasant to drive because it is balanced.

h20king    794

I always run the bow and center full. Don't make much difference or any in the wave for me, but the weight up front makes it far easier to see out the front (don't have to sit on the bolster seat), and it also allows the engine to run at the lower RPM and you can just tell it's stressed less. Just makes the boat much more pleasant to drive because it is balanced.

it takes push away form the wake .As you know I have put lot's of hours on ours and tried lot's of set ups .Best wake is achieved running listed with no bow sack.

I was talking about running even using the surf system. Wasn't able to get the same port wake listed as with the surf system. Plus now I find driving a listed boat irritating. The few times I tried to dial in the goofy wave it didn't go so well, so can't give a whole lot of opinion there.

h20king    794

I tried every set up possible using quick surf and it just does not compare to the listed wake. I get almost identical wakes on both the regular and goofy side running listed. The center tank is so far forward it acts as bow weight. Goofy side does not like much counter weight so I run 200lbs lead for counter weight and empty the port quick fill until it cleans up.

MFaso    56

Are we talking the S238? Or are they pretty much ALL the same but just different length boats? For example, does the 6.0 409hp engine come in the S226 and S211 as well? From my experience the boat size goes along with the model and the smaller models have smaller engines.

Also, doesn't the depth of the lake have a bit to do with it? Just trying to see if you guys are comparing apples to apples. ;) I'm patiently waiting to be able to throw my hat in with my experience on this thing.

DjOM21    59

I tried every set up possible using quick surf and it just does not compare to the listed wake. I get almost identical wakes on both the regular and goofy side running listed. The center tank is so far forward it acts as bow weight. Goofy side does not like much counter weight so I run 200lbs lead for counter weight and empty the port quick fill until it cleans up.

I think I read a thread where you mentioned that you could almost get a quick surf wave and listed wave comparable, obviously you like listed, but do you have a preferred goofy quick surf set up that is good enough for those days when you need quick transfer times.?

h20king    794

Could never get a super clean wake on the goofy side using quick surf. Could get a rideable wake but always felt bad not giving the goofy guy's the same wake I get on the port side.

DjOM21    59

Well I am they goofy rider so I guess I may just have to list the pig, which I am not against but just thought it would be nicer for wifey to run level with the two little brats constantly making it hard for her to focus on the task - but priorities.

h20king    794

The boat does not list super hard. My wife has no trouble driving listed. I need to renew my membership then I will post some wake pick for you.

Hmm...I've had the opposite experience. I actually tried listing the goofy wake yesterday. Had about 2000 on the starboard side and only 150lbs counterweight. It was really weak (and I couldn't see over the dang windshield) until I started adding bow/center weight, counterweight and using quicksurf. We got it a little bit better but still nothing close to the port side quicksurf wake. That thing is just killer. I didn't try listed port side, but when I first had the boat I threw at least 3000 in sacs on that side and it was a good wave, but still not like the quicksurf wave running full ballast everywhere to my surprise.

I wish I had the opportunity to ride another supreme that's been dialed in, but there's not too many around here and none I've seen that have dialed them in. I'd love to actually see some of the diff setups in person.

Also wish I knew an easy way to post a video here, just got a cool one yesterday

DjOM21    59

Hmm...I've had the opposite experience. I actually tried listing the goofy wake yesterday. Had about 2000 on the starboard side and only 150lbs counterweight. It was really weak (and I couldn't see over the dang windshield) until I started adding bow/center weight, counterweight and using quicksurf. We got it a little bit better but still nothing close to the port side quicksurf wake. That thing is just killer. I didn't try listed port side, but when I first had the boat I threw at least 3000 in sacs on that side and it was a good wave, but still not like the quicksurf wave running full ballast everywhere to my surprise.

I wish I had the opportunity to ride another supreme that's been dialed in, but there's not too many around here and none I've seen that have dialed them in. I'd love to actually see some of the diff setups in person.

Also wish I knew an easy way to post a video here, just got a cool one yesterday

Aye yey yey. Please get that that darkside wave dialled in - for the love of this form we must know that the mighty supreme can rip curl the darkness.

h20king    794

we have 600 lbs 0f lead 200lbs under each rear sack and 200 up front we move side to side. Empty port sacks move 200 lbs to starboard side up front and empty port sacks. Set trim at 90% then accelerate to surf speed. Open port quick fill tell the wake cleans then close and use a little surf right to shape no bow sack speed should be 11.2 -11.5 this gives us a super clean goofy wave. If you are setting up a 17 you might have to tweek it some as the trim plate and prop angle have changed.
  • Like 1

MFaso    56

we have 600 lbs 0f lead 200lbs under each rear sack and 200 up front we move side to side. Empty port sacks move 200 lbs to starboard side up front and empty port sacks. Set trim at 90% then accelerate to surf speed. Open port quick fill tell the wake cleans then close and use a little surf right to shape no bow sack speed should be 11.2 -11.5 this gives us a super clean goofy wave. If you are setting up a 17 you might have to tweek it some as the trim plate and prop angle have changed.

As soon as I figure the 17 out I'll post. Right now we are due for a snow storm tomorrow morning yet it's almost 60 out today.

• Like 1