gwiz

238 quicksurf plate setting?

gwiz    23

I'm trying to get the the ram setting on the quick surf. I have been told a few different things. Is it the outside bolt hole or the inside one? Also does anyone have a favorite ballast set up after now using the boat some? I've currently got the wake makers custom port and starboard bags also. Just wondering if I need lead or not with that setup?

h20king    794

I like the farthest hole so far but am still tweaking the wake and trying different settings. Yes you will also need lead. We run 600LBS and also have the wakemakers bags.

Surfsups238    12

We didnt go with the wake makers set up, I think its not enough.

we are running the following.

1100 in corner

800 under pass seat( straight line sumo sac item #11048, ) using the bow hard tank pump for fill and empty, not needing an extra pump setup then

700 bow bag full

300lb lead approx

I'll post some pics soon, after 60hrs I feel we really have an awesome wave. :)

as for plate settings,

center plate 4-5 clics down

left surf 5-6 or until desired wave is achieved

hope it helps,

I was out on a s238 last week and I wasnt impressed with custom sacs from wake makers for the cost, I spent 180 on the sumo sac, ran a one new line for it, and added some lead, so maybe $500 spent.

what I saved will go in the tank:)

Surfsups238    12

post-6542-0-20603300-1464283977_thumb.jpgpost-6542-0-20603300-1464283977_thumb.jpg

I forgot to add that both quickfill tanks full as well...and maybe 150 lb more counter weight in bag

post-6542-0-52295400-1464284401_thumb.png

Edited by Surfsupv226
  • Like 1

h20king    794

1100 in corner

800 under pass seat( straight line sumo sac item #11048, ) using the bow hard tank pump for fill and empty, not needing an extra pump setup then

700 bow bag full

300lb lead approx

as for plate settings,

hope it helps,

I was out on a s238 last week and I wasnt impressed with custom sacs from wake makers for the cost, I spent 180 on the sumo sac, ran a one new line for it, and added some lead, so maybe $500 spent.

problem is space you are not getting that much weight. Only 350 tops on the side sack and not even close to 1100 in the rear. I agree your set up is cheaper but mine came with the wakemakers set up. Took measurements to swap out wakemakers side sack and would have only gained 100 lbs so just bought more pop bags. I'll give your setup a try this weekend though

h20king    794

You using the center hard tank as well or just the bow sack? ?

DarksideR    1,679

H, his wave is incredible. Almost swayed me to buy an S238. Really love the boat and wave on both sides.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

He uses the bow bag.

Surfsups238    12

Haha I'm in , bow bag yes, I'm going to piggy back the bow tank and bag, it should give even a better wave,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Surfsups238    12

e3e5cdb065af59db4a94580460181caf.jpg

Here's a few clips of our crew north of the 49

bca4aafc890f94fa142f4481eac1264c.jpg0c349b183eadc0dd4e32df2b7d50418b.jpg

DarksideR    1,679

Oh man, that last pic! Wide open glassy lake with nobody but you surfing! Awesome.

• Like 1

h20king    794

Haha I'm in , bow bag yes, I'm going to piggy back the bow tank and bag, it should give even a better wave,

nice will for sure try your set up this weekend. Have not used the bow sack yet or counter weight. I have been working on my quick surf set up but will start the day with your set up the wake looks great.

Surfsups238    12

I tried the quick surf thing and not much luck as a listed boat, I found that the centre plate and surf tab work together and not one without the other so far on a listed set up, gonna also try a square centre plate next week, instead of the sword.

Good luck to man and have great surf!

• Like 2

h20king    794

1100 in corner

700 bow bag full

300lb lead approx

as for plate settings,

hope it helps,

tried this set up yesterday with wakemakers set up 400 lbs lead on surf side bow and center tank full and the wave was awesome. Still think it can get better though with more weight :)
  • Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

MORE WEIGHT!!! Slam that thing! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

gwiz    23

Ok so please correct me if I'm wrong, this is everything full minus 300 pounds on the non surf side and an additional amount of lead to the bow on the surf side? I went out yesterday and put a decent amount of hours on for the first time. The boat is awesome. Big, everyone loved it way more than the last POS I owned, and everything worked according to planned. It was a bit choppy due to Memorial Day. Chop is no contest with these boats. I didn't quite get it set up the way I want it yet. It was a little to busy, but we did a little bit. Probably the most impressive thing about these boats that a lot of people overlook is loading these boats on the trailer is by far better than any other wake boat that I have encountered.

h20king    794

My set up was 200 lbs lead under rear surf side sack. 200 lb side sack full bow sack full 200 lbs lead under side seat center tank full and both quick fills full trim at 25%

gwiz    23

So no weight on the pnp opposite of surf side?