Troy    234

So with the questions and interest in the surf board pockets I had installed on my Bimini I thought I would start my own thread.

The size of each pocket is 54" long and 23.5" wide, I couldn't really measure a depth. But my Doomswell Neo 4'6", with 4" fins, fits completely inside the pocket.

The place charged me less than $190 for the pockets installed.

There is a bungee cord at the top where the board gets inserted.

There is a strap also at the top.

I think the place could of used a little longer bungee, this one is quite tight.

I wish they used a piece of fabric on the inside also to make the inside of the pocket stronger. Right now with the board inserted it is actually sitting on the top of my old Bimini and that fabric is old (2008) and I don't think it will last very long. If it would of been a complete pocket and sewn to the Bimini, I think everything would last longer.

When my Bimini does rip I will go back to this place and have them build me a new Bimini. I think they did a great job and the price was very reasonable.

The pictures:

The board completely inserted in the pocket

7e2f4189f59300143032cb22098f2544.jpg

The board not in the pocket but the same spot so you can see the size in comparison.

8af3bd8d195ef1654ff9b1e412876814.jpg

A repeat of the picture I took Saturday, just a little farther away.

c43777f12208273f6343ef78c3ccf128.jpg

The board inserted how I will run it with the strap. If the board is inserted all the way it seems to put a lot of stress on the Bimini. The curve of the board and the large fins.

738111e128fd9e381e2266163debba28.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sata3000    15

I like this mod, my only question is will the bimini poles support the weight. I would like to do this for my daughters scamps, I just dont know my bimini can support the weight. Let me know how it works out.

I like this. I just ordered a sailrite sewing machine to reupholster my interior. I am going to see a new Bimini also. This would be a great addition. I've kept my boards up there for years and no issues other than ugly with all the bunge cords. This is nice

• Like 1

Troy    234

I like this mod, my only question is will the bimini poles support the weight. I would like to do this for my daughters scamps, I just dont know my bimini can support the weight. Let me know how it works out.

So far all has been good. The guys at Dallas Canvas said they do the pockets all the time with no issues. With how my bimini is set up on the tower, very little weight is on the poles in front. Most of the weight is on the tower itself. We boat on Eagle Mountain/live in Haslet, if you ever want to see the set up in person.

Sata3000    15

So far all has been good. The guys at Dallas Canvas said they do the pockets all the time with no issues. With how my bimini is set up on the tower, very little weight is on the poles in front. Most of the weight is on the tower itself. We boat on Eagle Mountain/live in Haslet, if you ever want to see the set up in person.

I need to meet up with you this summer!!!

• Like 1

Troy    234

I need to meet up with you this summer!!!

Yes sir. We avoid Lewisville due to it being so busy, but sometimes go up to Ray Roberts. Let me know.