stoked    1,039

I wouldn't go 15.5, that only leaves you 1/4", I can tell you that you don't want to go less than 3/4, I was at 1/2 and I started to see slight pitting after a half summer of use

Combs19    20

I wouldn't go 15.5, that only leaves you 1/4", I can tell you that you don't want to go less than 3/4, I was at 1/2 and I started to see slight pitting after a half summer of use

I believe the 15.5" prop is the diameter. So the difference between the 14.5"(stock) and the 15.5" is 1" and that would make it only 1/2" closer (the radius from center) to the bottom of the boat. Leaving you still 3/4" clearance.

volzalum    280

The 15 inch that came on mine (FS44) from factory only left about ½ inch, and caused significant gel burn. They have sent a 14 inch as replacement. Won't be able to get it and th prop guard installed until after Memorial Day so will at least see what gap that leaves.

Combs19    20

The 15 inch that came on mine (FS44) from factory only left about ½ inch, and caused significant gel burn. They have sent a 14 inch as replacement. Won't be able to get it and th prop guard installed until after Memorial Day so will at least see what gap that leaves.

Do you still have the 15" prop that you would want to sell?

stoked    1,039

If he doesn't I have a 2279 I'll sell you. I only used it for 3 months. It was too big for my FS33

volzalum    280

Mine is being replaced by the factory, so no I won't have it for sale.

If he doesn't I have a 2279 I'll sell you. I only used it for 3 months. It was too big for my FS33

2279 was what I ran, though with your engine, it's probably got too much pitch, if doing a 15, you'd probably want a 2249, or even a 2247 for a little more torque. My engine is the 550, so the higher pitch is handled ok.

Donterry    7

I heard that the RI237 could handle a 16" diameter prop. Has anyone measured the clearance from their existing prop. I've heard that the new transmission reduction gear is intended for larger diameter props. That's why people are over 4200 RPM's when surfing with 14.5" props.

Combs19    20

Thanks but dealer just got back to me and said if you run a 15" prop you void the warranty if I have issues. Also that one might have to much pitch as well

Combs19    20

I heard that the RI237 could handle a 16" diameter prop. Has anyone measured the clearance from their existing prop. I've heard that the new transmission reduction gear is intended for larger diameter props. That's why people are over 4200 RPM's when surfing with 14.5" props.

There is 1 1/4" clearance on my 14.5" prop with the Ri237.

Combs19    20

Well it turns out my Ri237 came with the right prop 1589 14.5 x 16. Centurion said they switched to that prop on all the Ri's for over all performance and fuel efficiency. They said the Ri's are designed to have 4 people and full ballast and if you add more people you need to take out some ballast to offset the additional passenger weight. That way these boat have the same wave if your out with just a couple of people or a full crew of 16. With that said if your like me and want to keep the ballast full and have 8 to 10 guys on it or run lead then you will have to prop it down quite a bit. Thinking I'll be trying the 14.5 x 12.5 or 14.5 x 12. Sound like Lak3surf3r has already maxed out his Ri with 6 to 8 people and 400 lbs of lead with the 14.5 x 14.5 prop.

Combs19    20

These are the latest prop sizes on the boatspost-7725-0-56661900-1462649929_thumb.png

CO Surfer    289

I hope they don't charge extra for the HA props on the Ri boats.

Good information to have.

volzalum    280
Many of those numbers don't even match the dimensions on the acme site.

And I'm pretty sure when they put the factory replacement 2003 on mine, that it is not going to meet performance of existing one.

post-555-0-13528300-1462650792_thumb.png

Combs19    20

I hope they don't charge extra for the HA props on the Ri boats.

Good information to have.

I thought the same thing but it comes with the PNP ballast option

Combs19    20

Many of those numbers don't even match the dimensions on the acme site.

And I'm pretty sure when they put the factory replacement 2003 on mine, that it is not going to meet performance of existing one.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif image.png

As far as I can tell all the Ri's line up. Thing I found funny is they are putting 15" props on the supercharged Ri's so I don't see why you can run a 15" prop on the Ri's with the other engine options unless there is something different on the supercharged o es other then the gear ratio.

volzalum    280

A 1589 is a 14.5x16, a 1591 is a 14x16 ... That sheet lists the 1589 as a 14x16 incorrectly.

Combs19    20

A 1589 is a 14.5x16, a 1591 is a 14x16 ... That sheet lists the 1589 as a 14x16 incorrectly.

Your right! Looked right past that. I'll have to ask on that one.

Dreamer    96

When Nautiques started running 15" props they started having shaft failures. I thinks it's a torque issue.

CO Surfer    289

I thought the same thing but it comes with the PNP ballast option

I was being a bit of a wise tush. They list the same prop for both std and high altitude. I know they charged an extra $71 MSRP on my boat when I upgraded to the HA prop (I did not get the WWSC option).

Interesting: the site automatically changes a word with an a and 2 s's to "tush".

Edited by CO Surfer

Lak3surf3r    714

Well it turns out my Ri237 came with the right prop 1589 14.5 x 16. Centurion said they switched to that prop on all the Ri's for over all performance and fuel efficiency. They said the Ri's are designed to have 4 people and full ballast and if you add more people you need to take out some ballast to offset the additional passenger weight. That way these boat have the same wave if your out with just a couple of people or a full crew of 16. With that said if your like me and want to keep the ballast full and have 8 to 10 guys on it or run lead then you will have to prop it down quite a bit. Thinking I'll be trying the 14.5 x 12.5 or 14.5 x 12. Sound like Lak3surf3r has already maxed out his Ri with 6 to 8 people and 400 lbs of lead with the 14.5 x 14.5 prop.

Thats ridiculous lol. The factory prop should be able to handle the full amount of factory ballast and the full capacity of people that the boat can carry. My 14.5x14.25 prop came as the HA prop from the factory but my RI is also from last november.

As far as I can tell all the Ri's line up. Thing I found funny is they are putting 15" props on the supercharged Ri's so I don't see why you can run a 15" prop on the Ri's with the other engine options unless there is something different on the supercharged o es other then the gear ratio.

Then the H6 RI's should be able to run them as well as long as it the right pitch. More factory R&D needs to be done on this.

When Nautiques started running 15" props they started having shaft failures. I thinks it's a torque issue.

All the 2014-2016 Nautiques that I ride behind have 17" props here in AZ from the factory so something must have changed. These RI's need to be running a 15.5" at minimum for more surface area with the weight they carry.

Edited by Lak3surf3r
  • Like 1