ReSession

New dock in!

ReSession    165

Thanks. I'll definitely tune in. Watched several episodes of the show and makes me somewhat envious of the availability of lakefront property in other parts of the country!

What's a little of the back story? How on earth did you get hooked up with the show and production anyway?

The backstory: After purchasing the house, my real estate agent Kathy O'Brien (who was on season 2 of Survivor!) received a call from HGTV staff informing them that the home she just sold 'fit the profile' for their show, and inquired about the new owner...me! In turn, she contacted me and asked if I'd be interested and I said sure. From there, we did phone and skype interviews, then we were approved and scheduled the taping a few weeks later. I literally had been in the house for 3 weeks before they showed up. The taping was for 4 days...the first 3 days consist of touring 3 homes including the one I already purchased, along with doing some lifestyle activities including riding our bikes across the bike ferry, going downtown to the annual Brewer's Festival and drinking tasty VT beer with our friends, and wakesurfing. Day 4 was the '3 months later update' where I invited a bunch of friends over for a BBQ and boat day. There were torrential thunderstorms earlier that day and we were very close to cancelling the party...luckily the sun broke out and we were able to set up a huge slip-n-slide in my front yard along with DJ and BBQ!

Needless to say, it should be both entertaining and embarrassing to see myself on TV!

• Like 4

DarksideR    1,679

That's awesome! Really. But here's the big question, and forgive me for asking but... besides being on TV, what do you get out of it? I'm sure I would do it just for the experience. But there should be $ome... incentive? They're making money off of you and you're "story".

Cdifranco    463

The backstory: After purchasing the house, my real estate agent Kathy O'Brien (who was on season 2 of

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Kathy_Vavrick-O" href="http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Kathy_Vavrick-O" brien"="">Needless to say, it should be both entertaining and embarrassing to see myself on TV!

Huge party, slip and slide, wakesurfing, beers.....And none of us got the invite!?

• Like 3

ReSession    165

I'll make up for it this year ;) Cdifranco - You're about the closest member to me and that's about 3 hours away. I was just down surfing an FS44 on your lake last Tuesday with the Centurion reps and guys from Channel Marine!

viking    491

Thanks for the insight and might I add THAT IS go wash your mouth out with soap AWESOME!

I'd be all over that experience too and so cool that you fell into it. That stuff never happens to anybody that we know. I don't personally know you (but I feel like I do) LOL :)

Looking forward to watching :thumbsup:

^^ha ha just had to see what the autocorrect was..........."go wash your mouth out with soap" Love it!

Edited by viking

CO Surfer    289

Thanks for the insight and might I add THAT IS go wash your mouth out with soap AWESOME!

I'd be all over that experience too and so cool that you fell into it. That stuff never happens to anybody that we know. I don't personally know you (but I feel like I do) LOL :)

Looking forward to watching :thumbsup:

^^ha ha just had to see what the autocorrect was..........."go wash your mouth out with soap" Love it!

Took me a second.....That's pretty funny!

ReSession    165

That's awesome! Really. But here's the big question, and forgive me for asking but... besides being on TV, what do you get out of it? I'm sure I would do it just for the experience. But there should be $ome... incentive? They're making money off of you and you're "story".

They gave me $500 for the 4 days...which I used to pay for the BBQ and beer! Yeah, I just figured why not? Who else gets the opportunity right? I have 2 roommates who are my best friends so it should be pretty funny!

• Like 2