Sign in to follow this  
Bullfrog

Thoughts on 'Switchblade'

Bullfrog    9

Thanks Dark. Started to get confused reading this last night. Went out to the boat to look at starting to rip and tear and thought 'no way'. I just ordered sacs for the back lockers. 750lbs will fit in each. Not sure what the quickfill holds but between the new sacs, the quick fills and the switchblade that seems like a ton. I also ordered 2 -12"x12"x48"sacs that I can use either in the side lockers or up front in the bow. Do most people use weight in the bow? I had a couple of 'big boys' up front last week and it seemed to help.

Bullfrog    9

Thanks Dark. Started to get confused reading this last night. Went out to the boat to look at starting to rip and tear and thought 'no way'. I just ordered sacs for the back lockers. 750lbs will fit in each. Not sure what the quickfill holds but between the new sacs, the quick fills and the switchblade that seems like a ton. I also ordered 2 -12"x12"x48"sacs that I can use either in the side lockers or up front in the bow. Do most people use weight in the bow? I had a couple of 'big boys' up front last week and it seemed to help.

Stretch    409

Nicely done bullfrog. Once you get that weight in I would try the friends again up front before committing to sacs up there

DarksideR    1,679

LOL. That would have been a catastrophe if you had started ripping out your Quickfill! LOL. As far as bow weight goes, you'll have to play with it and see what you get. In my experience, very few people use bow weight in their SV's, but some do. It will lengthen the wave for sure. And I believe the Quickfill holds 500lbs per side. So 1250lbs. is still light for surfing. The Blade will definitely help, but still think you'd be happier with closer to 1800lbs. on the surf side behind the windshield. What are you gonna fill these with? Just Tsunami over the side pumps for now?

Bullfrog    9

Hopefully with the new sacs and at some point a new 'A plate' fabbed up I can get the wave that most Centurions users brag about!!!

Once again, thanks guys for the advice. I have the only Centurion on our lake, mostly MC's, Moombas, Malibus, and a few Tiges. I'd like to show what the Centurion can really do.

Bullfrog    9

Yes, I ordered a Tsnami pump as well. Is there a better option?

DarksideR    1,679

Yes, I ordered a Tsnami pump as well. Is there a better option?

Yeah! But it's costly and will take a bit of time to install. And there's several ways to do it. Just search ballast instal here on the forum. Happy reading. Lol

Edited by DarksideR
  • Like 1

Bullfrog    9

After talking the wife into an expensive boat like this and then tell her I needed to order $850 worth of plastic bags and a pump to make it work the way we want it to was not an easy sale.......that's for sure.

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

After talking the wife into an expensive boat like this and then tell her I needed to order $850 worth of plastic bags and a pump to make it work the way we want it to was not an easy sale.......that's for sure.

Just you wait...how many surfboards do you currently own? Snicker snicker.

• Like 3

Bullfrog    9

Only one so far. I can already tell my son is itching to get one of the skim boards. I'll need a sheet of plywood for myself being 260lbs. Maybe when the sacs are in I can get enough push to let go of the damn rope. Nothing is cheap about this sport, especially paying $1.14 per litre for gas!!!

• Like 1

Rhale    80

And the addiction begins....

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

Only one so far. I can already tell my son is itching to get one of the skim boards. Nothing is cheap about this sport, especially paying $1.14 per litre for gas!!!

The right board goes a LONG way!

I wish it was only $1.14/L here! Paid $1.38/L on Tuesday.

boatnut    230
Only one so far. I can already tell my son is itching to get one of the skim boards. I'll need a sheet of plywood for myself being 260lbs. Maybe when the sacs are in I can get enough push to let go of the damn rope. Nothing is cheap about this sport, especially paying $1.14 per litre for gas!!!

Ah boating!!! Love it!!!!

DarksideR    1,679

Even the US military uses metric...

Although, in reality, here in Canada we still use a mix of the two. When I use a tape measure, I go by inches even though in a lot of cases metric would be easier than say figuring out what 9/16ths plus 3/4's is. Houses are sold with square footages attached, and so on. But yeah... metric is a more accurate form of measurement and if asked which one we use in canada, it's metric.

The one that weirdos me out the most is (gal. Vs. US gal.) ... why?

Stretch    409

I hardly ever use the imperial system so agree that it's pretty much pointless. U.S. Science community uses metric anyway, it really is just so much easier to be precise with

Only time I use it is gallons of fuel and acres of land.

Though, acres is used in many more countries than that list. Plus any paper I have to read uses hectares anyway.