Sign in to follow this  
guido8000

Any Crew on Lake Chelan WA?

guido8000    7

Our family is planning on spending about 3 weeks on Lake Chelan late Aug/early Sept. Any crew members on Chelan?

What's up Guido we aren't on Chelan but we live in Ephrata, Wa which is about an hour and a half away from chelan. We usually will go out to steamboat rock out at banks lake or spring canyon at Roosevelt. We also have a low key smaller lake we go to for quick outings.

guido8000    7

HS, thanks for the shout out. We have a little place in Chelan but live in new mexico. No water here hence the Chelan connection. We leave the boat up there and it sits in dry storage about 11 months out of the year. We are only able to get the boat in the water for 2-3 weeks. We sometimes go thru Spokane so I have been just south and just north of Ephrata. I hope you are having an awesome summer and not affected much by all of the fires.

My family and I rented a lake house in Chelan a few years back and are talking about doing again next summer. Maybe we can coordinate. That sucks that your cabin and boat go unused for such a long period. For the price we paid for out boat we try to take it out every weekend during the summer

Fortunately for us aside from the air quality have been unaffected by the numerous fires in Wa. It has been a brutal summer for a lot of families here. Seems to me as if this has been the worse year for fires.

Where in NM? Only been once for a friends wedding in Las Cruces.

guido8000    7

HS, we actually have a 2br condo. We do short term rental from Memorial day to end of Sept so sort of pays for itself. Check out this link

http://www.vrbo.com/270614.

It is right in town next to the park. It has a great beach, pool, boat dock, hot tub, and moorings. We rent it out by the week and as we get closer to retirement we are trying to spend a little more time each year. This year we are up to three weeks. Our goal is to get up there for two months. The good thing is that when we are there we will put 50+ hours on the boat. We are usually there the first couple of weeks of Sept after kids go back to school. It is a great time of the year, calm water, and not too many people.

We live in Taos which is north central NM. Taos is at 7000' elevation and the ski area base area is 9200'. We are in the southern rockies so we can get quite a bit of snow and the skiing is awesome. .

The link doesn't work says page not found. Would like to look at it online and see if that would work for just our family. We normally get like 3-4 families and rent a big house.

That's awesome that you guys are so close to retirement and have a lake retreat to be able to use. We would like to do something like that one day, but retirement is a long ways away for us.

Surf and snow that's they way to do it. 50 hours is good. We put about that many so far this summer.

guido8000    7

HS, I am not sure why the link did not work, it did not work for me just now but if you type vrbo270614 in a google search bar it should come up. It is definitely too small for your group. Renting a large home sounds like a good plan and fun too.

We do a little wake surfing, water and snow skiing, wakeborading, kayaking, sailing, mtn biking, and dirt biking, so there is stuff to do year around, For years high impact sports is what I have subjected my ole body to. That is why we love wake surfing - low impact.

We hope you have a great rest of the summer and get lots of use out of your boat. Cheers!

Condo looks awesome! You're right....a little small for what we are looking for.

You guys have a great summer as well and a good time with your three weeks in Chelan.

guido8000    7

HS,

We have been here for a week, It has been perfect weather, Getting the boat more dialed in and learning more and more about wake building and surfing. Two tanks of gas so far, about 23 hours on the boat. We went by Grand Coulee Dam on the way from Spokane. You too have a great late summer and fall. Hope you get some more quality time on the water as well. Cheers :surfing2: