Sign in to follow this  
CDABOAT

Ever have an "off day" surfing

CDABOAT    14

Went on vacation to Mexico a couple of weeks ago. Got back on a Tuesday and rode the following Sunday. Had a good outing, rode out a 3, got my legs back under me after a 2 week hiatus. Then, went out yesterday (so 8 days later). Didn't feel quite right the whole day. I kept falling back, only rode out 1 360 and just didn't "feel" the surf as I normally do. I felt slow climbing the wake, etc. My "surf legs" didn't feel right. Tried having a beer and then hitting it again.. nada. I guess I'll just chalk it up to an "off-day", much like a golfer or a professional athlete will have from time to time. But, kinda frustrating given I've made major progress with my surfing this year (rode out numerous 360's, got a good side kick down on top of wake, surfing more of the pocket, etc.).

Anyone had an "off day"?

I also noticed I have a bubble on the bottom of my Ronix Koal (black board). It's only 2 inches and not very tall, but wondering if that may have affected me?? My buddy rode it and he seemed to have no problems - said he felt great.

PayCheck    20

its mental, i am an avid wakeboarder and often find my best rides come after long break times. you gotta keep it fun, if you get frustrated it only gets worse. i come from many frustrating and successful competitions or sessions. i dont really surf, but i assume you just have to get back to fundamentals and do whats easy on an off day. thats what helps me on off days

LKASurfing    53

Definitely have off days...we ride almost every day and sometimes, I just cant stay on the wake, catch air, etc...I get frustrated and just get back in the boat!

• Like 1

CDABOAT    14

Yep... pretty much sums it up. Best thing to do is for me to get back out there soon. I guess the other mental part was knowing we're now in the "R Months", ( i.e., months that have an "R" in it which are the non-summer months) and that surf season's end is ahead.. However, I must remind myself there are still a good 60 days plus left of surfing for those of us in the Texas region...