mpabreo

Falcon V Ballast Setup

mpabreo    0

Hey guys, I'm new here. My buddy has a 2008 Falcon V and we've been experimenting with a few ballast configurations. In most attempts, the surf wake is huge, very steep, and quite short. Today we took it out, with the following setup, and it was still pretty short and steep.

- factory port tank full

- 1100lb fly high in port rear locker

- 550lb fly high in passenger seat compartment

- 550lb in center of bow

We've got a couple 750lb sacs that we can try out, but looking for some advice on what the optimum setup would be.

Thanks!

PayCheck    20

How fast are you riding at? Try and speed it up a few clicks

mpabreo    0
How fast are you riding at? Try and speed it up a few clicks

Tried everything from 10.5-14mph.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Bongo Fury    640

We would sink our Falcon V pretty much the way you do.... an 1100 in the port locker, 400 in the observers seat, 400 on the port bench pushed down into the corner, port hard tank full, trim tab all the way up. I can’t remember the speed on the perfect pass but it was not gps so who knows.... We also liked to put someone up in the bow the lengthen it out a little. Falcon V can throw a very nice wave!

harlobra    24

We surf goofy side but put 1,100 in the rear locker, 400 to 500 in the bow, hard tank full, and depending on how many people 1 or 2 400 pounders in the corner in an "L" shape on the rear seat. 10.4 or 10.2 for the speed trim tab all the way up. The wave is great as far as I know we don't have much reference but others on the lake always give us jealous stares lol.

BillC4    24

To lengthen the wave, I have found with my boat to put more on your surf side in the bow. I run the fly high 725 sack under the bow seats for wakeboarding. When I left that full for surfing the wave was long but not high enough. I emptied it out, folded it over and put as much on the surf side as possible. 350#? Then I position someone upfront as well. So probably 500# + on the bow surf side. That really helped lengthen the wave. You may want to try the 550 on the surf side of the bow. ?????

zapisor    43

I had a falcon for 5 years, I put 350 hrs on it, 75 Percent of it surfing.... It will throw a very very good wave. Or set up that we ran for the last two years was:

1100 lb in rear locker

Both port and starboard hard tanks full

I had two 250lb side sacks plumbed together in series, they ran from the hard tank, through the observers compartment to the tip of the bow.. This gave us a very good wave, better than an x2 and a vex and it was all hidden

When my wife wasn't on the boat we put an additional 750 on the floor on the port side as forward as you can get it. And it made a fabulous wave.

Trim tab at 20 percent....

Now pay attention to this part...... You need so surf a falcon faster than other boats to develop the length:

10.7 for teaching.... Big wall pushing them

11.7 - 12.0 for experienced riders

12.3 - 12.5 for very good surfers, less than 175 lbs

I hover around the 190 mark and surfed 11.7

Larry    0

Did you ever get your Falcon dialed in?  In the middle of buying one and don’t know where to start. Do you have a wake shaped?

thanks!

Larry

harlobra    24

We have changed our set up since the last time I posted.  We use a wakeshaper I made myself, fill both factory tanks, put a 400lb sac in the rear port locker, have the 1,100 in the starboard with 250lbs of lead, another 250 lbs of lead behind the driver seat, and a 400lb sac in the bow.  We flip it for the regular side but only need a 750 in the port and the  400 in the starboard. No bags on the seats and both waves are excellent. My wife surfs around 10.6 and I surf around 11.2.

we love our boat.  Check it out.

https://vimeo.com/232361760

harlobra    24

I should add. You need to duct tape the vent on the surf side to prevent water getting in.