Sign in to follow this  
tclark210

Broken Mounts on Swim Deck

tclark210    0

Last week we were out on the water and my swim deck broke off on the port side. When I pulled the pin out on the other side and took it off, I noticed that the other weld was broken loose too. I called the dealer and they were awesome and had Fineline send me two new brackets. The new brackets are chrome and the old mount on the transom has to be removed since they are different.

Has anyone ever removed the swim deck mount from the transom? It looks like I have to pull the carpet and get to any nuts in the back locker. It also feels like thru the carpet the bottom bolt may be going under the floor in the locker?

Thanks,

Roy    0

Kind of curious what year boat, your not the first with that problem. I am always looking back there just in case thanks . Roy

tclark210    0

I am thinking the two bolts that hold the bracket to the transom do not have nuts on the back side. Since the bolt is screwed in with an allen wrench, I am guessing that the boat has the mounts in the fiberglass of the transom. I have never seen an allen bolt that can handle the torque of a nut on the back. Plus you can't feel a nut behind the carpet.

Any thoughts?

tclark210    0

OK, just FYI. I took off the back screws holding the mounts in about 3 minutes. They are threaded into the hull. Easy fix.

jquick    0

sorry i didnt read you post earlier and but as you learned it was an easy replacement. i broke my old mounts last year (black) and centurion did the same and sent the chrome ones. the chrome are much more sturdy.