beavis63    0

Today I was out on the boat enjoying another fine day on the river when I noticed a strange noise coming from the v-drive area. It only made this ticking noise while idling in gear. Once the RPMs were over 1000 it sounded fine. No noise. It sounds like an exhaust leak but its not. While looking around I grabed the unit (v-drive) and it rocks side to side about a 1/4" of an inch. So I came home and tightened every bolt I could find around the tranny and V-drive but none were loose and it still moved slightly left to right. WTF! Is this normal? Should there be a little play in it? The boat runs and drives just like it always has.

Edited by beavis63

beavis63    0

Any ideas on how the v-drive is attached to the tranny? If this thing is loose that would be the location. I can't find any bolts that attach the to together

beavis63    0

Found out today how this unit is attached to the tranny. It's a Walter direct mount unit and there is a hub used to attach it to the trans. Appearly when I had an oil leak repaired on the V-drive they didn't torque the V-drive hub.