CeeDee    16

Does any one know wether the oil drain tube on a 2004 avalanche c4 is at the front or rear of the motor ( towards bow or stern)

Should the boat be tilted up or down in front for best draining ? And while asking questions what size are the factory hard ballast tnaks ? and does anyone know where the transducer for the depth sounder is located ?

Bigcatpt    408
Does any one know wether the oil drain tube on a 2004 avalanche c4 is at the front or rear of the motor ( towards bow or stern)

Should the boat be tilted up or down in front for best draining ? And while asking questions what size are the factory hard ballast tnaks ? and does anyone know where the transducer for the depth sounder is located ?

Not sure on the oil drain tube. But I would run the motor to heat up the oil (on a fake a lake) first for easy draining. I think it would be a good idea to lean the boat to the side and tilt the boat toward the drain. If you follow the drain tube you should be able to see where it exits the motor.

Also for changing the oil filter (if its the upside down one on the front starboard side of the motor)... loosen it a little, then get a gallon size ziplock bag and put a few paper towels in the bottom. Slip it up over the filter and remove the filter. The oil will drain into the bag and not make a huge mess.

I think the factory ballast tanks are about 250# each

Mine is an 03 Avy and my depth sounder transducer is on the port side about half way back in the engine compartment. Kinda a pain to get to there.....

Good luck!