pacoson

1990 Falcon barefoot

pacoson    0

Hi new to the forum here and want to say hello first.

Nice site with some great shots and info

I have tried a search looking for any and all info on a 1990 Falcon barefoot 20 ft.

I don't own it but am trying to research it for a purchase.

clean hull with a yamaha 200 on the back.

Any info links or oppinions would be great

Thank you

Jonathan

i think kevin baugh will be your best bet for barefooting info, he knows his stuff.

as for the boat itself, there are a lot more people who would know more than me.

ill let them explain.

welcome to the site.

lets see some pictures of the boat in view.

Kevin Baugh    78

http://www.centurioncrew.com/Rare-Centurio...tml&hl=rare

I have toyed with the idea of picking up just that model for a project boat

lots of room, It a stretched barefoot warrior hull not the best barefoot boat ever built but a pretty darn good one!

check out the floor, stringers and transom for rot lots of wood

pacoson    0

thanks for the welcomes

I haven't stepped into the boat just a peak under the cover with a walk around

how can I access the stringers to note for rot?

Dealer asking 5500 with 30 day warentee ( though not sure what that covers!)

comes with cover and big honkin steel trailer.

Kevin Baugh    78

Can you be 100% sure no but trim the engine down and step on the lower unit

and look for flex in the transom

I think there is a floor section that will come out to acces the towbar and gas tank

try to tighen the towbar screws that go in to the stringers

Look for soft spots in the floor especially in the back of the boat

pacoson    0

ok all of those are solid and good. It was raining outside a bit and i took a good look at the underside.... straight as an arrow, glossy and no ripples or bumps.

I have a question about the hull design.

What is the benifit or drawback of a bafefoot hull configuration?

I was told that it has a v shape in the front then flatens toward the rear,

Does this create more waves or less? Does this handle better in corners at speed or .... ?

Lastly what are peoples oppinion on a 90ish Yamaha 200 v6

thank you for any help (btw I can help any questions in return on remote control planes helis or cars. This was My hobby for the last too many years and would love to help if needed).

pacoson    0

sounds like My 200 deposit might be good. Now to buy the rig and set it afloat. pics will happen if I can secure purchace with finiancing

Kevin Baugh    78

Good luck we need to see some pictures!!

outboardfan    0

Pacosun-Jonathan,

I assume the boat you're referring to is at Doug Russell Marine in Worcester, MA (?). If so, did you see the boat? Are you still interested in it? I'm looking for a '90 Barefoot Falcon O/B to prototype a wakeplate system I've patented, but hopefully closer to home (Michigan). But not many available for a reasonable price.....is this one in good enough shape to justify a road trip? Thanks....

Outboardfan-Roger

pacoson    0

Yes that is the boat! It is nice and rode nice on the lake test too. I bought it but haven't taken delivery of it yet........ dealer sucks and would not advise useing them for ANY purchases! not even a bolt.

The trailer was registered as a 1k lbs trailer when it is a 3750 total weight so they have no valid title.

The sales team has NO idea how to handle the situation and just sits around waiting for "something to happen".

I have been on the phone with My DMV and Mass DMV to figure out how I can get plates for it. Lisa (owners daughter) has been helpfull but I still have not received paperwork necessary for the trailer. It's comming but as of today.............. I still have nothing.

Boat is allready to go on the water with numbers and all, just no trailer to get it there!

I live by "accidents happen" It's how you handle them that makes the difference. They don't handle problems well IMHO.

Still smiling and hope for My boat.

Jonathan

Good luck to you in your search.

timmaa    0
Pacosun-Jonathan,

I assume the boat you're referring to is at Doug Russell Marine in Worcester, MA (?). If so, did you see the boat? Are you still interested in it? I'm looking for a '90 Barefoot Falcon O/B to prototype a wakeplate system I've patented, but hopefully closer to home (Michigan). But not many available for a reasonable price.....is this one in good enough shape to justify a road trip? Thanks....

Outboardfan-Roger

Hello, Outboardfan-Roger,

I have had a 1990 Barefoot Falcon O/B (200 yami) 20' for 6 years. I absolutely love the boat. I just added hydraulic steering, such a great upgrade, but anyway I would love to hear about your wakeplate system. I have been wakeboarding on this boat for years with a fly high pole, but would love to add more wake and a tower. Any suggestions on a good solid tower for this boat.

Thanks

Edited by timmaa

outboardfan    0

For the tower: I've made a living the past 30 years designing and engineering cars....so from an aesthetic standpoint I'd say never let anything foul the deck forward of the windshield. The "reverse arches" used on newer Centurions, Malibus, and Mastercrafts (Crossover 216-226) keep everything rearward of the driver and their vision. There's an aftermarket version at activewake.com, for instance. These do look like they concentrate the stress on a smaller area of the boat, so backing it up well under the gunwales would be key. But that's what I'd do.....

As far as the wakeplates are concerned, they are big and mount along the lower edge of the transom. To minimize the amount of stress coming through the engine mountings and hull, a pressure bar contacts the forward edge of the outboard's lower unit just below the cavitation plate to push the plates at a fairly high attack angle through the water. That's the patented part. The process to raise or lower the plates takes about 10 secs and doesn't use up any space in the boat. This all works on a static mockup, but hasn't been in the water, yet. The ski show boat company I've been working with has had a problem with their test boat, so that's why I'm looking for a barefoot boat to trial. I think the '90 Barefoot Falcon is the nicest looking of the bunch, and showcases the concept the best.