Sign in to follow this  
ILrider

Fat sac fitting trouble

ILrider    0

I bought a 750 sac off of ebay over the winter at a good price. I am now in the process of getting it out and ready to go in the boat. The ebay listing said it was from a board shop that was going out of business and was used for display.

The sac came with two barbed fittings and a wally plug. I just tried to unscrew the barbed fittings so I can replace them with the quick connects, only to find out that the barb fittings are sealed in the bag and WILL NOT unscrew :wallbash: . It looks like black silicone or something was used on the threads. What can I do to get these fittings out?

I am itching to get everything ready and plumbed up so any help is greatly appreciated.

WakeDoc    471

First I would put some heat on them with a heat gun or hair dryer and try to break them loose if that fails, the only thing I can think to do is take a hacksaw blade and carefully cut up to the edge of the threads in several places and try to carefully break them out. Only issue is if you screw one up you are done. Personally I would try heat and is that doesn't work clamp onto the barbed fittings.

ILrider    0

Great idea Doc!

I took the hair dryer to it and it broke loose. I think it was actually ,superglue?

Thanks for the idea, now the real work starts.