Sign in to follow this  
jaxcenturion

Noise in Speakers

I know I have seen post about it...Installed new amp in boat over weekend and now i am getting the good ole popping noise in the speakers when i hit my trim tab or ballast...I have a ws420, so do i need a noise supressor installed to make it go away or a relay or something...and where do i need to install it..

jquick    0

i have a noise suppressor in my boat, its connected to the rca jacks right after the head unit because it will need to be grounded. i got the suppressor from best buy.

islander033    2
I know I have seen post about it...Installed new amp in boat over weekend and now i am getting the good ole popping noise in the speakers when i hit my trim tab or ballast...I have a ws420, so do i need a noise supressor installed to make it go away or a relay or something...and where do i need to install it..

Do you have dual batteries + isolator? If so make sure that all of your stereo connections are too and from your stereo battery only.

Edited by islander033

i have dual batteries....but they can not be seperated as far as i know...I have the blue sea system that came from the factory..It either has battery 1 or combine you can not seperate the batteries..

Packrat    13

I have heard that sometimes with the WS420 the problem is the external microphone. Try turning the mic volume switch all the way down (or off) when using the speakers for music.

i have talked with les and gyver at wet sounds...with the battery switch that i have the "blue sea systems" model 6011 is made to isolate the batteries but has a safety feature on it for dead battery starting...It may all be wired where it works but a few things may need to be changed to make it work and function with out the noise..One thing for sure. everything has to be seperated since a boat has no true ground. with that many wires in a boat it makes it all start to run together.

this is gonna be fun figuring it out where it all still works the same but with out the popping noise and feed back through the speakers..