h20king

falcon v custom ballast install

h20king    794

post-777-1264634655_thumb.jpg

Since I am doing the ballast thought I would try and do a step by step install thread so some of the pics you have all ready seen. First I removed the factory mid ballast tanks, factory water puppy, and sprinkler valves.The tanks are held by four screws remove screws and slide tank foreward a couple inches. you will see two 3/4" hoses, to save time cut the hoses as close to tank fitting as posible. then cut the wires on the drain pump and lable.You can now remove the tanks.It will help to have someone lift on the seat base while you slide tank in to the rear locker and remove then repeat on the other side

h20king    794

post-777-1264635426_thumb.jpg

a one inch hole will flow 60gpm I am useing two jabsco reversable pumps they are rated at 10 gpm each so a one inch hole is enoughf to feed two pumps.To feed both pumps i took a 1 inch tee and a 90 and hosed them together.this will flow better than just a tee.Install the manifold into the one inch hose running from the valve in the bottom of the boat.Hint use a heat gun to heat the hose and a little dish soap this makes it much easier to slide the barb in the hose.

h20king    794

post-777-1264636068_thumb.jpgpost-777-1264636111_thumb.jpg

Next I mounted the pumps one in the factory location and the other mirrored.I then took a one inch check valve, mounted it behind a one inch tee with a 3/4 barb on one side.With this set up water will be pumped overboard when pump is reversed.I used a one inch tee with a 3/4 inch barb so I can reuse factory overboard vent and drain holes

h20king    794

Next I ordered custom sacs from the outlaws the main body is 50"long 20"wide x20" tall with a leg 22"long20"wide x10"high.I will continue to add to this post as I make progress.MAN these sacs are huge :thumbsup:

post-777-1264636548_thumb.jpgpost-777-1264636638_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

should be at least 1000 lbs each plus I have 400lbs in lead bars comeing from www.robbinsmetal.com for a total of 2400lbs.Iam also installing the blade.When I start that project I will start a new thread and post pics

zapisor    43

Portland eh????

How long until we seethe pictures of the wake?

It apears that the bags will fill your lockers and then run under the seats, did you pull out the divider between the two? (the one with the little access door to the drain pumps.

h20king    794

not shure what access door you are talking about my factory tanks were located under the seat and ran into the rear locker. they had a large carpeted box cover over the ends in the lockers.I just had to pull the cover remove the tanks which left an opening 20" wide x10" high.I then mesured from the wall in the locker to the wall under the seat which is 22".Bags will fill hole locker plus the space under the seats where the hard tank's were.I should have pics of the wake in a couple months as I still have a pile of parts to install I.e. switchblade, underwater lights,interior led's ,docking lights and a pss system.

falcon_v    0

The first batch of Falcons had the tanks half and half then centurion said they porpoised to much and moved them under the seats for the nxt set built. May I ask what you paid for your bags?

h20king    794

mine were more like 70 percent under the seat and 30 percent in the locker.never had a problem with porpoising I bought the bags and fittings from the wake outlaws for $634.00 they should really help the wake and wave

zapisor    43

Ok,

Where are you putting the lead? I pulled my floor out once to see if there was a spot... wasn't much room.

Have you tested this ballast config? or are you going on a hunch?

zapisor    43
mine were more like 70 percent under the seat and 30 percent in the locker.never had a problem with porpoising I bought the bags and fittings from the wake outlaws for $634.00 they should really help the wake and wave

I need these...., Do you have the Bennet trim tab? if so where are you re-locating the Hyd Reservoir?

JasonWM    0

Nice to see those check valves installed Harold, let me know when you get it wrapped up and we'll have to meet out on the water to check out the wake. I'm sure it will be impressive. :whistle:

duffymahoney    10

How do you like the check valves? I have flapper type on my fill lines and spring type on my empty. I am always affraid that my brass flapper type leak water.

JasonWM    0

I'm not sure he's had a chance to put the boat in the water yet, so he may not know.

duffymahoney    10

The real question is a better way to hold water in an enzo sac without a manual valve. I have spring check valves. They have adjustment screws and I have them set really low (my guess is like 2psi). They slow down empty time but makes my system fully auto. I hate opening the hatch to see if the sac is full. I maybe replace the spring valves with some electric valves and wire them into my system.

h20king    794

Here is what i know from being a pipe fitter for 20 years.the spring loaded check will out perform the swing check in a boat aplication since boats yaw. Swing checks were designed to be installed in a level world.I went with the 1" spring check from wake makers because of the size,you can place them any where and they are serviseable.Discharge line will have no check as the only place for water to go when not in use is between the pump and the check so the one on each main fill line will do just fine.I am stealing oldwakedude's idea and runing the vents to opisite sides of the boat with check valves this should lock water in the new bags.the purpose of the check on the vent is to insure bags raisin when emptying.As I said above vent lines are only 3/4" and the drain line will reduce to 3/4" this way I can reuse the factory empty and vent overboard fittings.the drain time will not be affected by reduceing to 3/4" you dont lose volume when reduceing what you do by decreasing in size is speed up how fast water is moveing in the line.This is not an argument it is a sciencetific fact!!!!As for the lead I ordered 400lbs in fifty pound bars they measure 18"long 4"wide and 2"high so they wont take up much room.I was thinking of placeing 200lbs in the foot well under the bow filler cushion and moveing the rest where needed.I was going to put in a bow sac and the outlaws talked me out of it and sugested pop bags but i bought lead instead of the bags because lead takes less room.I am not shure if ill need it but pretty shure I will with a switchblade and the new sacs.I do not have a bennet tab system dont think I will need it with the blade.Hope this makes all makes sence and answers all your questions

JasonWM    0
The real question is a better way to hold water in an enzo sac without a manual valve. I have spring check valves. They have adjustment screws and I have them set really low (my guess is like 2psi). They slow down empty time but makes my system fully auto. I hate opening the hatch to see if the sac is full. I maybe replace the spring valves with some electric valves and wire them into my system.

What size are your hoses?

h20king    794

fill lines are 1" drain line is also 1" and reduces to 3/4" behind the pump if you look at the pics you will see a tee with a 90 that is where the empty line reduces to 3/4" and will have a short run to the factory side hull fittings