Sign in to follow this  
Enzo101

Ballast tanks and pumps help

Enzo101    0

I have two hard tanks in my boat both located to the rear of the boat under the seats. I am replacing one with a enzo sac. On the stock hard tank there is one empty port and 2 fill ports but the enzo sac I think I counted 6 openings. How do I put this in, do I need more pumps? How many pumps are ther per tank 1 or 2? Any other advice to do this sucessfully???

You can do this a bunch of different ways...

#1. Do what I did, it is the easiest and the simplest. Also the slowest...The enzo sac I have had 4 holes. I plugged one hole, used the factory vent, fill, & empty and I was done. Everything was a direct screw in. I just had to extend a couple of the lines. I think since my boat is an 09 my pump is different from older model boats, like it is a higher gpm.

#2. Would be to Add fill pumps and empty pumps..I am not completly up to speed on how that is done. Some of the other guys one here like "WakeDoc" He sould be able to give you all of the guidance you need.

WakeDoc    471

jaxcenturion is right on...

plug one hole, use the factory vent, fill, & empty, everything is a direct screw in. Just have to extend a couple of the lines and wires possibly.

I will just add a little detail.

To set the Enzo sac up with what you have, add the existing vent hose to the top/highest point of the sac, the fill pump should be in the engine compartment attach the hose to the Enzo sac (I fill and drain from the bottom of the sac, ours has four ports across the bottom at the rear) you will need to decide what works best with your sac, I would mount the drain pump in the engine compartment with the drain side of the pump going to the thru hole in the side of the boat and the drain side at the bottom of the sac at the back of the boat on the side towards the engine (reason being we roll from regular to goofy, so as the sac drains and the boat starts to roll to the opposite side the water pools to the inside corner and the sac drains completely.

To fill and drain quicker, add another rocker switch on the dash wire another fill and drain pump to the switch and mount the pumps in the engine compartment, plumb the same as above. This will give you two fills and two drains on the sac.

Note: The size of the sac as you start and stop the boat will cause it to siphon off/drain so we have 1/4 turn full flow valves on our vent and over flows. Once the sacs are full we close the valves locking the water in the sac, opening them to drain.

Also since you boat only has one overflow if you decide to add a second fill and drain and not add a second overflow you will want to be careful when filling and not break something, I do not believe one overflow can keep up with two fill pumps, just my opinion.