Sign in to follow this  
Tim

Centurion T5 Wood Stringers w/ Plywood floor

Tim    0

Just purchased a Centurion T5, until recently I did not know this was a composite/ wood mixed boat. Contacted Centurion and they informed me the T5 boats produced in Merced CA were built w/ wood stringers and floor, the T5's built in NC were all composite. Is this a big deal? should I be concerned that I have these wood structural components in the boat? Are there pro's or con's to this type of construction? Thanks in advance for the info!

h20king    794

wow was not aware of that there are some pros and cons to wood stringers and floor.a boat built with wood stringers and floor will feel more solid and have less vibration and a quiter ride as wood absorbs sound and vibration better than composites.now for the down side if boat is stored out doors or put away with water in the bilge over time things will start to rot.if cared fore properley you have notheing to wory about as there are still a lot of boats from the eightys in great shape.also i think sanger still uses wood in thier boats

Tim    0

Thanks for the info, again my only concern was hidden or traped water from an all weekend lake trip but I'm sure these boats are manufactured with that thought in mind. Other then that the boat feels and drives like a sports car. Thanks again!