dkimball    0

I currently have a 2003 Air Nautique 216 and I am looking to upgrade to a 2017 S202 and can't seem to find much real world performance discussion.  I have surfed a few times but that isn't really my thing I am looking more for the family friendly atmosphere of the V-drive but would still like to be able to ski and barefoot as well.  What are people seeing with the estimated top speed for the base engine with a footer in tow?  Any other comments would be great.  I am a pretty loyal nautique guy but I just can't afford the newer models they are coming out with and I don't really won't all the computer screens and digital everything on my boat anyways.  Thanks.  

Troy. R    198
On 6/30/2021 at 0:23 PM, dkimball said:

I currently have a 2003 Air Nautique 216 and I am looking to upgrade to a 2017 S202 and can't seem to find much real world performance discussion.  I have surfed a few times but that isn't really my thing I am looking more for the family friendly atmosphere of the V-drive but would still like to be able to ski and barefoot as well.  What are people seeing with the estimated top speed for the base engine with a footer in tow?  Any other comments would be great.  I am a pretty loyal nautique guy but I just can't afford the newer models they are coming out with and I don't really won't all the computer screens and digital everything on my boat anyways.  Thanks.  

I don't have any personal experience with this boat, but here are my thought relative to your wants/needs. Supremes are very well built and in my opinion the best of the budget/entry level boats (I recently bought a ZS232 and checked out all of them in my boat search). The S202 is a deep vee hull made more for creating wakes/waves which means that they're not going to be competition level ski boat. However, in my experience with my ZS, if you fully deploy the center stinger plate you can get the wake relatively flat. In terms of top speed, that will depend heavily on the engine and prop that you're running.

dkimball    0

The one I am looking at has the standard 350 horse power engine.  Not sure of the prop but I wouldn't be against changing it to get a little more speed as long as the RPMs are in range.  Any S202 owners out there that could provide some more information?  I doesn't appear that these boats were too popular and I believe they were only made from 2017 to 2020.  Can anyone confirm?  Thanks.