Troy. R    198

I was going to install a ladder on my swim platform yesterday and didn’t because it seemed to be hollow. On my old Avy the platform was a tank and absolutely solid, but on my ZS, it feels much lighter and sounds hollow when you knock on it. Does anyone know if the swim platforms on these newer boats are a foam core? If so, is it still feasible to install a ladder if you through-bolt it?

I called the local dealer and they said they guy that would know was off yesterday. I also tried calling the factory in CA, but they were closed as well.

Here’s the ladder:

DasMarine 3 Step Ladder Under... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRQ257T?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Troy. R    198

So, I called the factory in Merced, CA this morning. They said the platforms are still solid fiberglass, but designed to be lighter weight. They also said, if you have a visible square under the fiberglass toward the from of the swim platform (which I did), that’s actually a reinforcement for a ladder.

They also said they do not thru-bolt ladders when they install them at the factory. I went ahead and installed mine based on the conversation. I used 1 1/8 x 1/4 stainless lag screws and filled the pre-drilled holed with epoxy before driving the screws in. We’ll see how it holds up…

Sorry, I’d post pics if I could.