Sign in to follow this  
Troy. R

Raw Water Strainer Removal

Troy. R    198

I posted this on the Supreme side a few weeks ago with no responses. I figured I’d try here as well...

Hey all,

I winterized my ZS232 for the first time today. I was planning on cleaning the raw water strainer as well, but I couldn’t get the thing off. I only tried to remove it by hand because I was concerned about cracking the plastic housing if I used a filter wrench.

Is this common? Is it safe to use a metal strap style filter wrench to loosen it?

beau t    8

Are you referring to the filter for the ballast? Either way if its clear don't spray it with brake clean to get the trash out of the bottom mine turned white instead of clear from it lol. if you can find a strap wrench thats plastic instead of metal i would try that but be careful! I do industrial maintenance and we have bigger versions (kinda)of the housing you are talking about and have a special wrench to install and remove the housing i would imagine they make a smaller version of it if you would feel more comfortable with that maybe a marina would sell it? This is at west marine it may not be the correct 1 i just picked a pic not knowing the right size.

ClearanceWater Filter Housing Wrench BB/Full Flow
Edited by beau t

Troy. R    198

Cool,

Thanks Beau. I was thinking about getting a rubber strap wrench. I haven’t got around to looking for one yet.

• Like 1