Sign in to follow this  
p5Cent

Tell me about your boat

p5Cent    2

Ri, Fi, Vi, or other models (past or present).  There is plenty of information out there comparing them or highlighting features, but not much from owners on what they like or dislike about them.  What is your ride and what do you think about it?

Troy. R    198

2019 Supreme ZS232

The #1 feature of this boat is the surf wave. It creates a massive and quite adjustable wave that is just as good on the goofy side as it is on the regular side right out of the box (no lead or additional sacs needed). It’s also very roomy, very deep, and with the vast majority of the ballast being subfloor it has a ton of storage. Like all Centurions and Supremes it handles rough water very well. Build quality is another key factor. The Supreme does not at all feel like an entry level tow boat. I know some prefer the touch screens and fancier user interface, but I like the simple UI on this boat. My wife is not a very techy person and she is comfortable with the screen and controls. I do my own maintenance, so the maintainability of the PCM power pack is a plus as well. Simple maintenance like oil/filter changes are much easier than my old Centurion Avalanche with a Merc Black Scorpion.

The one thing I would put in the “con” column is that it is weight sensitive. When you’re running across the lake with empty ballast it can get a pretty good lean going if the people weight is not evenly distributed. I either ask someone to move or deploy the surf tab on the low side to level it out.

• Like 1

p5Cent    2
19 hours ago, Troy. R said:

2019 Supreme ZS232

The #1 feature of this boat is the surf wave. It creates a massive and quite adjustable wave that is just as good on the goofy side as it is on the regular side right out of the box (no lead or additional sacs needed). It’s also very roomy, very deep, and with the vast majority of the ballast being subfloor it has a ton of storage. Like all Centurions and Supremes it handles rough water very well. Build quality is another key factor. The Supreme does not at all feel like an entry level tow boat. I know some prefer the touch screens and fancier user interface, but I like the simple UI on this boat. My wife is not a very techy person and she is comfortable with the screen and controls. I do my own maintenance, so the maintainability of the PCM power pack is a plus as well. Simple maintenance like oil/filter changes are much easier than my old Centurion Avalanche with a Merc Black Scorpion.

The one thing I would put in the “con” column is that it is weight sensitive. When you’re running across the lake with empty ballast it can get a pretty good lean going if the people weight is not evenly distributed. I either ask someone to move or deploy the surf tab on the low side to level it out.

The paint scheme on the Supremes is among the best out there.  Do you do your own winterization and how difficult is that?

Troy. R    198
5 hours ago, p5Cent said:

The paint scheme on the Supremes is among the best out there.  Do you do your own winterization and how difficult is that?

I haven’t winterized mine yet (I’m in AZ). I plan on doing it Saturday. I will only drain the engine/trans/v-drive. I know those in colder climates cycle antifreeze through their cooling system as well. The attached shows where all the drain plugs are for each PCM drivetrain.

https://pcmengines.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/PCM-MPI-Website-Technical-Information.pdf

• Like 1