I’m having trouble removing the retaining bolts hold the back rest of the bow rider seat (see photo). I’d appreciate any tips as they seem to be near impossible to access. Thanks in advance.

03147DE9-B586-48EF-9027-5A115BAC750E.jpeg

PPMODave    1

Don't know if it helps--but had to rebuild plywood bow seat frames when re-upholstering bow seats in my 1996 Sport Bowrider a couple years ago.  I sought answers from mfr; apparently when they built these boats, I understand they attached the bow seat framing/backs assembly to the deck (easy access) before lowering/joining deck to hull (no access afterwards).  My bow seat framing was deteriorating; I had to remake entire new bow seating frames, backs & deck under the seats (difficult to fabricate--mine was curving both front to back and top to bottom).  When trying to assemble it--I discovered this problem.  I had to design new access "holes" in deck platform and back surface under seat cushions (plywood framing) to accommodate access to re-install the two side bolts to interior flange on top deck of the boat.  I ended up with an oval opening partially in deck surface under bow seats, that extended a couple inches up seat backs--just big enough to fit an arm through to put washers/nuts on T-nutted bolts extending from plywood seat back surfaces.  When bottom cushions are installed, these openings are covered and don't show.  Rather painful process, but the best I could come up with... 

• Like 1

Timr71    30

I did the same as Dave. I had to rebuild all of the structure in the Open Bow due to it all being rotten.  When I made my new side bolsters, I put an opening in each to create little cubbie holes where kids who ride up front could store stuff. Like what's in newer boats. Those cut outs allowed me to get my hands up behind the are where the upholstery bolts to the cap.  Good luck!