KPTFIRE    0

2017 Ri257 XR7 Super Charged is making a squealing noise after replacing intake impeller. Made same noise from factory when new. Tightened belt more and noise was diminished but not gone. Any thoughts and/or new information on this issue which is a know problem?

KPTFIRE    0

After talking to my car geeks, they say this also a problem in the car world. Belts need to be marked due to wear and/or memory and put back in same spot. However, they say this isn't a sure fix! They say that the only real solution is to replace the serpentine belt every time you loosen and/or remove it. Then, you have to replace the super charger belt as well. $$$$

If anybody has this issue, let me know your thoughts on a long term solution. Replacing a 2 belts every time you work on the motor isn't a great way to go. 

Edited by KPTFIRE

Cdifranco    463
9 hours ago, KPTFIRE said:

After talking to my car geeks, they say this also a problem in the car world. Belts need to be marked due to wear and/or memory and put back in same spot. However, they say this isn't a sure fix! They say that the only real solution is to replace the serpentine belt every time you loosen and/or remove it. Then, you have to replace the super charger belt as well. $$$$

If anybody has this issue, let me know your thoughts on a long term solution. Replacing a 2 belts every time you work on the motor isn't a great way to go. 

Just curious what’s the cost of the 2 belts? May be better off changing them just for piece of mind?