Sign in to follow this  
guido8000

Phase 5 Ahi review

guido8000    7

Hey all, 

It has been a while since I visited the forum, strange how work gets in the way of fun. We are getting ready to do our annual boat trip to the NW and looking to maybe purchase a new board. Based on what I have researched I am looking hard at the Phase 5 Ahi. Yes I know it is crazy to buy a board before you actually demo it but in our case that is not an option.

I am a 62 y/o solid intermediate+ surfer with a strong slalom past, ride mtn and moto bikes, snow ski, etc. I am 5'10 180ish lbs depending weather it is a weekend or weekday. We currently have an Inland Surfer skim board not sure on the model (2014ish), a Ronix Coal something or other (my wifes board) and she loves it but the rest of think it is a dog. We have our first board which is a Ronix Cortez, it is a big surf style board that is indestructible, easy to learn on and I actually go back and forth between the IS and the Cortez. My son has a 2013 Ronix Carbon Thruster and it is an awesome board but is showing its use. I would like a board that was similar to that but everyone tells me they don't make them like that any more. 

Oh and our boat is a 2006 Centruion Enzo that has a great surf wake. Any feed back is most appreciated. Cheers!

IMAG0366 (Small).jpg