Sign in to follow this  
Fpounds

S211 Ballast Upgrade

Fpounds    0

I’m considering upgrading my rear bags from the factory 450 lbs. to 750’s. I’m concerned it might be to much weight for the boat size and or engine. Any advice or experience having upgraded would be helpful...

I have an S211 and run 850's in the rear lockers plus a side 250 under port seat along with 500 in lead. So you will be fine with the bags I would go with the sumo 850's they fit nice, just reinforce you dividers....makes a nice wave!

Fpounds    0

WOW that’s s a lot of weight thanks for reply. I would love to see a picture of that wave...

InfinitySurf    302

No replacement for displacement if you want a good wave

qxbuzz    7

I have a 2017 211.  I started with upgraded 750 Fly High bags and 500lbs of steel bags.   This year I changed out the 750’s for 1000lb Sumo bags, and added 100lbs more of the steel bags.   A huge difference over the previous ballast setup.  I haven’t had to reinforce the dividers... yet...  The 750’s measure 50x20x20 and the Sumos are 50x22x22.  They fit pretty good and don’t appear to be a potential problem.  I think I have the timers set properly so they don’t overfill and they drain completely.