Sign in to follow this  
darkness05

Another newbie question

darkness05    8

I posted this a few weeks ago and somehow it disappeared.  When I picked up my boat I didn't get a demo or a manual so just having to learn as I go.  I have a '16 s238 and want to know how to fill and empty the Quickfill ballasts.  I was told it is the OPEN/CLOSE switch on the dash - but when I hit them to open nothing seems to happen.  Should I hear a pump kick on?  Or do the PnP switches have to be on as well?     I am not in gear - boat off but key in the ON position.  I have also tried with the boat running but it's impossible to tell if a pump kicks on over the sound of the idling engine.  Thanks again

h20king    794

When you are filling your sacks push open on both switches. This opens the gates on the back of the boat. You will hear nothing as they are gravity filled. Once the sacks are filled hit close. This locks the water in the tanks. To empty drain sacks once sacks are empty get the boat up on plane and hit open. Leave them open for about 1 min. While driving then hit close before you slow down.