Sign in to follow this  
Zig04

Opinions for ballast

Zig04    0

Hey guys,

Looking for a good combo for surfing and wakeboarding. Just got the boat about a week ago and looking to upgrade the ballast. Right now all it has is the single factory ballast. The boat is a 08 Typhoon C4.

Any good articles I could read up on would be great.

On a side note, the haul in from Cali went good. The only thing that went wrong was the winch strap broke, allowing the boat to bounce a few time or MORE and broke the bow roller. The upright for the guide rubbed a nice little spot thru the gel. What's an average for gelcoat repair. Per hour maybe?

Thanks

Zig

tgaugh    2

Congrats!! Sorry to hear about the damage, did you tow it in yourself?

Per foot, and depending on the color you usually have to do more than the damaged area to make sure it blends. On our last black boat we had a 6" long thumbnail width scratch that forced us to repair a 8' section to make sure it was transparent. It can be costly depending on the gel match (colors).

So you brought it in from Cali? New? Do you have a local dealer there in AR?

Zig04    0

Bought it new, about 12-15k less in Cali. Hired out the hauling, so their insurance should cover it. The spot is no bigger than 1.5"x2" on the bow. The guy I bought it from is sending me some gelcoat from the factory, I think it would be hard for someone to match it. It's the real dark blue almost purple color. I'll shoot some pictures of the boat and the damage.

There is a local dealer, I've dealt with him a couple of time.

tgaugh    2

12k-15k! That's outstanding savings!