xj1514

XJ's Official S238 thread...pictures

xj1514    13
23 hours ago, MFaso said:

Don't have hard feelings about it. You had a bad experience this past summer. No reason not to be frustrated whether you misunderstood something or not. The dealer should have been doing whatever they could to fix it during the summer so you could enjoy the boat they sold you. My dealer was on top of every single thing I asked him about this summer whether is was a question about the wave, my first maintenance or just checking in to see how things were going. Maybe I'm spoiled.

For me, I'm bummed that you are turning away from a great boat based on a dealer and possibly a bad batch. Your NEW boat shouldn't have had these issues, period.

Thanks Mfaso. Not sure on new boat yet. I really wasn’t prepared to fork over anymore money, so we may run this one another summer, just not sure yet.  

DjOM21    59

If you do order another boat (Centurion / Supreme), make sure to have your dealer call the Factory Rep and see if they can kick in a extra discount for all the headaches with the S238.

Edited by DjOM21
Correction

xj1514    13

Boat is almost done with all the repairs I listed. Currently it’s off the trailer on bunks getting the gel coat fixed and carpet changed on trailer due to all the metal shavings on it. 

I tried to trade it in but no dice. Not spending 20k plus for an 18 238’ that I don’t want anyhow. I’d like to get something more crossover friendly like Axis, but no one wanted my boat especially with all the warranty work that needed done first. Maybe next year. 

Thank God for the mechanic/service/everything. Without him I would be no where. Nice work Mason.