Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bluesman280

Any Edmonton, or Alberta crew planning to surf this Saturdays snow storm?

Recommended Posts

bluesman280    99

Hey guys, I was surfing last weeks snow storm here in Edmonton, and was wondering if we have any other crazy people from Edmonton or Alberta planning to surf this Friday or Saturdays snow storm.

 

I have just winterized my boat today and I am already regretting it.

 

If any of the Albertan crew are thinking of going for a Canadian polar bear surf, I would be glad to help you brush the snow off your boat and join you.

 

Our Centurion friends from the South have the Utah Surf Mafia, I am thinking we need to start the Albertan Polar Bear Surf Crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DjOM21    59

I am in Calgary, but my boat is winterized too. Plus finding people to head out this time of year is also hard.

 

The drysuit however has not been winterized and my leadwake is in the back of my truck just waiting to help dial in some waves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bluesman280    99

I am in Calgary, but my boat is winterized too. Plus finding people to head out this time of year is also hard.

 

The drysuit however has not been winterized and my leadwake is in the back of my truck just waiting to help dial in some waves.

Dry suit? We are Canadian, we don't need no stinking dry suit.....well maybe.

 

Ok, after my snowy surf run last week, maybe I would wear my dry suit for the first few runs if I got a chance to hit the waves once more this year.

I had trouble getting someone to drive the boat the last half of September, but did manage to get out three times in October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bluesman280    99

Earlier today I made the local news for my surfing escapades in the snow storm last weekend and I also put the word out that I was looking for a wave to surf again in todays snow storm here in Edmonton.

 

Hat's off to the guys from Wizard Lake Marine here in Calamar for the call, and an offer to take me out surfing with them in the snow storm. Unfortunately I received the call too late and I was unable to make it due to the poor road conditions here in Edmonton.

 

I hope the boys from Wizard Lake Marine have a great time surfing. Wish I could have made it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cjohnson    33

Earlier today I made the local news for my surfing escapades in the snow storm last weekend and I also put the word out that I was looking for a wave to surf again in todays snow storm here in Edmonton.

 

Hat's off to the guys from Wizard Lake Marine here in Calamar for the call, and an offer to take me out surfing with them in the snow storm. Unfortunately I received the call too late and I was unable to make it due to the poor road conditions here in Edmonton.

 

I hope the boys from Wizard Lake Marine have a great time surfing. Wish I could have made it.

Here's a post of them out skiing. I'd have waited longer but don't think it's worth the risk of freezing the block. haha

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLjg1SgAT1Z/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bluesman280    99

Here's a post of them out skiing. I'd have waited longer but don't think it's worth the risk of freezing the block. haha

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLjg1SgAT1Z/

I had called Wizard in the morning and told them if they heard of anyone going surfing to give me a call, the receptionist chuckled and said she doubted anyone would be going out in the snow storm. I probably initiated the thoughts of heading out in the snow.

Wish I could have ran out and joined them, but the roads were already iced up pretty bad here in Edmonton, and I would have been a solid 1 1/2 hrs to get there. Didn't want to hold them up. Sure did appreciate the invite though.

 

I had a light bulb hanging in the engine compartment just to keep the chill off for the last few days up here in Edmonton. I was watching the weather like a hawk in hope of getting in 1 or 2 more days on the water. I no sooner winterized it and tucked it into storage, then I seen the heavy snow day forecast, followed by 14*c (57*f) next week. Immediately regretted winterizing my boat. Could have gotten in another good Polar bear surf and then some sunny surfing next week..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.