Trevor Gleadhill

Fast surf boards for big guys

tank222    2

Good deal I"m going to order a red woody or blue at the end of the month and am just going to but the broad cast now, I'm just way to impatient to go out on the boat again and have nothing to do since I cant get up on a wake board yet.

Hey i have a cwb tsunami.

that board is easier for lighter people to get up on.

but my dad [[230 lbs]] can get up on it. but hes still learning to go no rope. hes used to being pulled using arms, not being pulled by the wake of the water.

but i would recomend the tsunami for someone who's a bit on the thin side.

sorry.

LS1_SE7EN    1

I'm not that big of a guy. But I picked up a 4'9" broadcast and couldn't free ride. I have a 96 sport bowrider. Had the 700 lb sac full on the port side with 3 passengers weighing ~500 lbs. I am 6'1" and weigh 180 lbs. I think my girlfriend took some video but wont be able to get the footage until this weekend. The wake seemed pretty decent to me and the rope would droop a lot going down the wake but couldn't find a sweet spot.

I had all three fins on the board. Will taking one/two of the off speed it up? Should I get some more weight in the boat? Wax the bottom of the board or something? haha. Any suggestions?

EDIT: the three passengers were sitting on the port side in the back. Plus one 230 lb driver. I ride regular.

Edited by LS1_SE7EN

Joe B    17

I have the same board and my guys are 210-220 and lose the huge wave I have.

I wouldn't over do the ballast with your boat and you need to know when to stop. More weight would be good but for safety I'd invest in a Blue Lake for your size.

The fins on that board really don't speed/slow it up but I take off the outside and practice 3's.

LS1_SE7EN    1

Thanks for the info. My rub rail was about 6 inches from the water. I figured I had another 3-400 lbs I could put back there before it was too much. We'll see how the blue lake works out before I throw any more weight on it. Guess I should have bought the inland surfer first and not even wasted my money on the broadcast.