jester

October 2015 pics and vids thread

CO Surfer    289

I can give you guys a little information since I have a trip planned for the middle of next August. If you're planning on renting houseboats, do it soon! I'm renting a 56' boat for 5 days and it will run me over $7,000 just for the boat. That is through the official houseboat concessionaire on Powell. The boat I'm renting "officially" sleeps 12. Some dates in the summer were already gone when I reserved three weeks ago.

I've done one other time but did not plan the other trip. It is REALLY awesome! Powell is like no other place on earth. It is easy to take out a prop on that lake though. The last time out, the only other person I knew on the boat damaged his prop on day one and I didn't see him back on the boat until day four!

viking    491

^^ WOW ^^ that's a chunk of change for 5 days!!

Lake Powell is definitely on my bucket list and I will definitely do a weeklong trip there at some point. If a crew meet materializes that might just be the reason to go sooner :)

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289

Just went back and looked again. I guess it's a 59' boat (wouldn't want to cheat myself that 3'). Anyways, it appears they have an option now where you could rent it for about $1,300 less than I did but you can't cancel. I can cancel up to about a month before the trip start date. I did not see the non-cancellable option when I reserved (it may not have been available at the other marina I'm going out of). Already, the dates I'm going are no longer availlable on the 59' boat.

It's not a cheap trip by the time you throw in food, alcohol, and especially gas for the houseboat and surf boat. It is a very memorable experience though!