islander033    2
My boat goes 41 mph with the 1579 AT 5000 rpm. Still not at rev limiter. Boat weighs 4500 pounds dry. Great prop. usaully cruise around 32 t0 33 mph.

Mine at 5000rpm was 35mph via PP GPS......must be the hull difference.

boarder250    0

I ordered the 1579 today from the mc dealer and they say that they will have it by Tuesday for me to pick up. I can't wait to see how the new prop works. :wallbash:

islander033    2
I ordered the 1579 today from the mc dealer and they say that they will have it by Tuesday for me to pick up. I can't wait to see how the new prop works. :unworthy:

It'll rip your arms off compared to your 817 and your boat will feel like a totally different animal.:wallbash:

Dreamer    96

My opinion might be too late but I highly recommend that you get the 537. I have tried three props on my SV230 and like the Acme 537 the best.

The 817 was a great cruiser prop but that was it. My second prop is a 13.5"x14.25 with 0.185 pitch. It is very similar to the 1579 which is a great prop for wakeboarding with a ton of ballast. You need that extra rpm to get on plane. The 537 is the perfect combination of both.

We do not add ballast when we wakeboard so we do not need the extra prop to get on plane. We do a ton of wakesurfing with about 2000# of ballast and a few people. The 537 runs about 3000rpm at 11.5 mph surfing which is right in the engines torque band. We can also unload the ballast and pull the kids tubing without having to run at 4000 rpm like you will have to with the 1579.

With the 13.5x14.25 prop we usually cruise at 25 mph as the extra rpm's use more gas. With the 537 we run around 30 mph and use the same amount of fuel.

boarder250    0
My opinion might be too late but I highly recommend that you get the 537. I have tried three props on my SV230 and like the Acme 537 the best.

The 817 was a great cruiser prop but that was it. My second prop is a 13.5"x14.25 with 0.185 pitch. It is very similar to the 1579 which is a great prop for wakeboarding with a ton of ballast. You need that extra rpm to get on plane. The 537 is the perfect combination of both.

We do not add ballast when we wakeboard so we do not need the extra prop to get on plane. We do a ton of wakesurfing with about 2000# of ballast and a few people. The 537 runs about 3000rpm at 11.5 mph surfing which is right in the engines torque band. We can also unload the ballast and pull the kids tubing without having to run at 4000 rpm like you will have to with the 1579.

With the 13.5x14.25 prop we usually cruise at 25 mph as the extra rpm's use more gas. With the 537 we run around 30 mph and use the same amount of fuel.

No your opinion is not to late, I actually ended up getting the 537 today. I ordered the 1579 from the mastercraft dealer on saturday, but apparently they can not order it. (They did not even tell me until today that they could not order it :wallbash: ) So I went to the malibu/supra dealer today and they had a 537. It was a refurbished prop but it was only $275 and if there is any vibration they will send it back out to have it fixed. I wish I had a centurion dealer so I didn't have to go to these other manufacturers to buy parts :dj:. Hopefully if the weather is good tomorrow I can get out on the lake and test it.

Joe B    17
It was a refurbished prop but it was only $275 and if there is any vibration they will send it back out to have it fixed.

That's a pretty sweet deal. I would have taken that too.

I have the 1631 which is the same as the 1579 but more cup so I get 1-2mph more top end...whoop whoop. I had the GPS at 41mph wot without switchblade. Blade drops it about to 38.

A new prop completely changes the boat and was the best change I've made yet (wife says the heater).